Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas shopping 2016 - how are we doing?

Not doing very well. I had two for my daughter but had to give her one of them as she really needed it NOW and I have two for my husband (one of them is actually for our wedding anniversary that is on Dec, 28th). Nothing for my son so far but I know what he wants. My daughter, being a 17 year old is very picky and very hard to shop for nowadays.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    Not doing very well. I had two for my daughter but had to give her one of them as she really needed it NOW and I have two for my husband (one of them is actually for our wedding anniversary that is on Dec, 28th). Nothing for my son so far but I know what he wants. My daughter, being a 17 year old is very picky and very hard to shop for nowadays.
    I know exactly what you mean. My daughters are now 31 and 22 and they have been asking for gift cards for years now! I would rather buy actual gifts - but this is what makes them happy. I do buy them several small gifts - so there is something besides "plastic" to open!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. My daughters are now 31 and 22 and they have been asking for gift cards for years now! I would rather buy actual gifts - but this is what makes them happy. I do buy them several small gifts - so there is something besides "plastic" to open!
    Do you think she, my daughter, would like a box full of coins that she has to count for a Christmas present? That way there would actually be some "weight" to the present

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Update:
    Niece - completed
    OH's dad- total 2 gifts need sto get a couple more
    OH- 3 small gifts ordered 2 others need to think of more
    Best friend- bought 4 small things need either 3 more or 1 big thing
    Sister in Law- fully completed
    Got an idea for my parents but we're going halves with my brother and sister in law on it because it's very pricey but they will love it, struggling to get it though apparently they're in high demand.

Does anyone else collect all the presents and hide them away and wrap them all at the same time listening to Christmas music or watching a Christmas film?

Just ordered my first Christmas gift of the year - something for my wife.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Do you think she, my daughter, would like a box full of coins that she has to count for a Christmas present? That way there would actually be some "weight" to the present
    Sure - go for it!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Got most of mine done and their wrapped just waiting for a few more to be delivered then i'll wrap those and stocking stuffers are done,we always do presents here everyone loves those gifts even wrap the stocking stuffers.

I havn't even started!!!

:(

Just barely finished unpacking, now I have to think about simple gifts to send back home to Canada! Probably a bunch of London-Christmas goodies!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Hi I have a 17 year old teen daughter too and same here. Last year I did a advent calendar for her with small AsianBeauty makeup items and some chocolate figures by Lindt. This year I had my eye on the TAMbeauty makeup advent calendar that might be something for your teen.

I have ordered some small gifts AsianBeauty from KoreaDepart and still looking at the ASOS site trying to decide what to get.
    I had ordered some Christmas fabrics from EQuilter and made some pillowcases as gifts I do handsewing. Made a christmas cracker with some small rolled up wadding and a needlebook pincushion from some of the leftovers.