Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Decorating for 2016

Hybrid View

Decorating for 2016

Hi everyone,

Just wondering who is gearing up to get the decorations up, not long now. Looking forward to seeing them all.

Hopefully this year i will move on from lurker/silent admirer to a contributer

I'm chomping at the bit this year! I'm planning on lining my driveway and mulch beds with lights this year, so I've been buying my light sets a little bit at a time over the past few months. My wife and daughters got me started with a Department 56 Christmas Vacation piece for my birthday in July, and I've bought a couple of more pieces to go with it, so I'm looking forward to getting that out for the first time this Christmas.

I'll start getting things out the weekend before Thanksgiving. As far as I'm concerned, November 18 can't get here soon enough!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

[QUOTE=December Cheesecake;143541]Hi everyone,

Just wondering who is gearing up to get the decorations up, not long now. Looking forward to seeing them all.

Hopefully this year i will move on from lurker/silent admirer to a contributer

Well December cheesecake -I really hope you do join us this year!

I can't wait this year either! Especially after not being able to decorate last year! It will be a challenge this year- being in the new house, as everything will be different! I plan to drape my outside lights around the front porch railing so that will be an easy change. Most of my decorating will be done the Friday thru Sunday after Thanksgiving. I have Thanksgiving
    guests, so I really love to go with autumn decor and colors until then. I usually put up my small Madame Alexander tree earlier however, as tht is set up in the Master bedroom and not on display
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Just bought two of my three annual Hallmark Christmas ornaments - Puppy Love, and Fairy Messenger for my daughters. The store was temporarily out of my Madame Alexander ornament
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Make a wonderful Christmas tree!~

I am getting ready to start decorating in less than 2 weeks and welcome to the forum December Cheesecake

I haven't got the carpets cleaned yet but I may get the trees up on the train layout this weekend.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

two days until I start Christmas decorating

You guys are KILLING me! I won't be able to start putting things up until November 21. I would have started last night after the last trick or treater left, but my wife likes to have her fall stuff out for a while. I used to have to wait until the Monday before Thanksgiving, but I've worn her down a bit over the years.....
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

got Halloween stuff put away last night, hauling Christmas tubs up from the basement this afternoon