Thread: What do you do with old Holiday/Christmas cards?

Hybrid View

Holiday Crafts 2016

So I love sending and receiving Christmas Cards. Last year I realized I had to do something with them instead of storing them in a box. So my daughter and I created these simple ornaments. Now we can enjoy their beauty every year to come. Its amazing what a little folding and glue can create. Please feel free to share your ideas on what you do with old cards.
    20150615_152032 (2).jpg20150615_152032 (3).jpg
    Last edited by chocolatechip1979; 05-28-2016 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added photos

Cute ornaments. I always used to save all my Christmas cards, but in the last few years, I've been feeling overwhelmed and threw most of them out! The photo cards go immediately into an album though. My Mom always used to make gift tags out of old Christmas cards. She just used to cut out squares and write "to" and "from" on them, but you could really get creative with this idea if you want!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Good thread Well I save them all obviously but was really looking for some ideas what to do with them lately.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I'm hoping to come up with a new idea to share.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I go through mine each year and take out my favorite eight designs and then place them in a cut out frame, replacing the ones from the previous year. It then stays on the wall in my office till the next season ends...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"