Thread: Fashion Santa yes or no?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)

Fashion Santa yes or no?

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm posting it here.
    http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/fashion-sa...iral-1.2697809
    This has made international news, and I'm surprised nobody has posted about it yet. I first saw it on my local news a week or so ago. I don't have an issue making a cool Santa to show it's a fashionable place, but I don't think he should be the Santa in the mall for Children to go and see. So I guess I'm on the fence.

Not for me. Im a traditionalist
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

No, no, and no

Hmmm...that's interesting. I do get worried about Santa's health at times and this one looks healthier. But, you can't even sit on this guy's lap. Very cold. He definitely doesn't look jolly- I do not feel the Spirit of Christmas emanating from him. I definitely prefer the traditional Santa- some things are more important than looks!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    No, no, and no
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I just came across this post and I also don't like it. He looks ore like my cool uncle then Santa
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

For the Mall, a most certain NO! But I have to confess, when I was stationed in Iceland, I was roped into playing Santa, bu those were my bodybuilding days, so since we did not have a costume, Santa had a fur trimmed red Short-sleeved sweatshirt, red sweatpants, a black lifting belt and black tennis shoes. But I did wear the beard and hat. The kids were a bit confused, but at the time, I did get a few compliments from some older women... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    For the Mall, a most certain NO! But I have to confess, when I was stationed in Iceland, I was roped into playing Santa, bu those were my bodybuilding days, so since we did not have a costume, Santa had a fur trimmed red Short-sleeved sweatshirt, red sweatpants, a black lifting belt and black tennis shoes. But I did wear the beard and hat. The kids were a bit confused, but at the time, I did get a few compliments from some older women... lol
    Now there's a picture.

We had a cool looking one in the mall with Christmas style shirt and red pants/suspenders. I liked it, BTW Santa is now in Providenya, Russia...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"