Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you noticed a decline in Christmas displays in shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I just wanted to mention also that my neighborhood has significantly less Christmas lights. I don't know what's happening with my neighbors. I thought maybe they were just waiting for the first weekend in December to decorate, but, here we are and there's hardly any. I find this odd since last year it appeared that more people than usual were doing light displays. Even the regulars have none this year.
    Hardly any here as well. Only 2 houses out of 20 are lighted-up on our street! Of course, we are moving - so we have no decorations; two houses have new people just moved in and two houses are empty. Not to mention that the electric rates are astronomical these days!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I haven't. Actually town near my place has huge display this year.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Yes, I've noticed far fewer Christmas light displays as well.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Our street use to have only one or two that decorated for Christmas, but this one retired couple down the street and I go all out for the season. He likes to add something each year and I like to swap mine around for a different look. Anyway, it seems to have affected many of our neighbors and now, not only is the majority of the street lit up, but we seem to have made it on the "Christmas Lights Limo" tour as well.
    I love it!!!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Our street use to have only one or two that decorated for Christmas, but this one retired couple down the street and I go all out for the season. He likes to add something each year and I like to swap mine around for a different look. Anyway, it seems to have affected many of our neighbors and now, not only is the majority of the street lit up, but we seem to have made it on the "Christmas Lights Limo" tour as well.
    I love it!!!
    Wow, good job!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Since my last post on this thread back in 2015, things have improved a bit. The houses right near me have decorations and lights up. So, although further down the block there are areas of dark houses, at least I can look out my windows and see cheery displays now.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

That always makes it better. I have already noted two new house on my street where lighting has already begun. I'd best get started as well...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I wonder if shopping will be the same during the season. Will all of this go away by then? Covid-19 has really scared a lot of people. How will this ruin this holiday season?
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I don't think you can ever really ruin Christmas. It might get toned back, but here's hoping the cure will be found by then. Always time for miracles during Christmas...