Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your Christmas cards?

I always stock up on cards when they are 75% to 90% at our local Hallmark and Kohls stores. I will have to admit I have found the most beautiful cards at rummage sales. I find it amazing what treasures people toss out once February hits.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Already bought cards for next Christmas. Got them at the 75% off sale at Rite Aid.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I work at Wal-Mart and they have had quite a large selection of Christmas cards these past few years. Everything from religious to traditional to humorous and much more. Of course I usually stockpile some form the previous years, as the sending of cards is not as high on people's lists of things to do as it was when I was growing up.
    I also came across a site called Retro Christmas. It has some nice designs from days gone by, but they are a bit spendy. Who knows, if we do a Christmas card exchange here, some of you may get to see them first hand. Nine more months and counting...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I work at Wal-Mart and they have had quite a large selection of Christmas cards these past few years. Everything from religious to traditional to humorous and much more. Of course I usually stockpile some form the previous years, as the sending of cards is not as high on people's lists of things to do as it was when I was growing up.
    I also came across a site called Retro Christmas. It has some nice designs from days gone by, but they are a bit spendy. Who knows, if we do a Christmas card exchange here, some of you may get to see them first hand. Nine more months and counting...
    Funny - after I retired as the Director of Human Resources for a local bank, I worked part-time at a Walmart for a few months (until I got sick) and permanently left the work force! Interesting job - to say the least! It is very sad that the sending of Christmas cards has really declined in recent years - it was always one of the best parts of Christmas for me!

For me as well. Wal-Mart is where I have worked for the past 12+ years. I also retired, but it was from the USAF in 1997.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I usually do photo cards from Sam’s. For a few days after Thanksgiving, they normally run a sale where you can get 100 photo cards for around $25 or less.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

I love receiving photo cards. I used to do them when my kids were small, I even designed and printed some out myself - but that is just too much work!

I would like to do them, if there was more room to write a personal note. Of course maybe things have changed since they first began to do them, but back in the "day" the result was mostly a post card type.

The quality of christmas cards used to be better and more prettier choice in traditional styles. Long ago Laura Ashley had some very pretty cards but that was decades ago I send those one year.Then later I used to buy Hallmark many years. As I can not go to the shops anymore due to health now my S/O buys Hallmark but quality is less and the designs are too modern not nice.
    The sending of cards has declined all over. Also from businesses is less cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I love receiving photo cards. I used to do them when my kids were small, I even designed and printed some out myself - but that is just too much work!
    I'm doing photo cards for the first time this year.

I am writing on the back of the image, but there's not much room.

This is the first year I've not done Traditional cards, but I got professional photos done - so I'm taking advantage of the pretty family pictures we have.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!