Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your Christmas cards?

Question Where do you buy your Christmas cards?

Maybe I'm just turning into an old Scrooge, but the last few years the selections of boxed Christmas cards at my neighborhood drugstores and department stores has really disappointed me. I'm old and disabled now, so I'm no longer able to make homemade cards.

Have I just lost the Christmas spirit? Or have you also noticed that the quality of boxed Christmas cards seems to have gone way downhill lately?

Where do you shop for your Christmas cards?
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

Hallmark always has nice cards, but expensive. I often order from Current, but their quality is not as good as it used to be. Sometimes I do homemade, but I too am diasabled and lack patience
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I make my own, which you all will be receiving in the Christmas Card exchange..
    Merry Christmas to all...

:tree:

I used to buy some Hallmark cards in the past. And yes I too find the holiday cards quality has gone down. I also used to make some of my cards. I too have health issues so unable to go to the shops and osteoarthritis allover including wrists. I started cardmaking for this season this week and can only do a little and then i have to stop. I miss the joy of being able to make a set of cards in one sitting. The card I started yesterday is only 1/3 into being done.From a tutorial splitcoaststampers from their latest newsletter.

Yes, it seems the quality of cards is falling. If I like a card and it isn't shabby I'll buy them from pound shops and market stalls. Card Factory shops in the UK are quite a good source of cards.

Thanks for all the replies!

I was waiting for email notification that someone had replied, but apparently I didn't check the right box when I posted my message, because I don't think I ever received any notifications. So I just dropped in here today on the off chance that someone had replied. What a nice surprise!

I just talked to my cousin on the phone and mentioned how disappointed I am with the selections of card at local stores, and she said she has a nearly full box from many years ago that I can have. That might be enough to get me through this year, considering how long it takes me to do anything these days. I'll probably only be able to send out a couple of cards a day between now and Christmas.
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

I have gotten mine at Walmart they seem to have some nice ones this year,although our Dollar generals have nice ones as well which is surprising their cards are a dollar a box and the big assorted cards are two dollars and they are really nice,you can go to walmart online and get them sent to you.

Well, for 2016, I spotted some cards on sale in January that I liked, and picked them up. Hope I remember this in November and don't buy more!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We always do the Shutterfly thing online and use pictures. Is that considered cheating?
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    We always do the Shutterfly thing online and use pictures. Is that considered cheating?
    No - I love receiving photo cards and save them in my photo albums! I have done photo cards in the past - when the kids were small. Or, I would, at least, send one of their portraits - dance, soccer, school, camp, swim club, etc. from the current year! Sending photo cards gives friends and far-away family a glimpse into your life.