Thread: Light-Projectors

Light-Projectors

I have been seeing a lot of these light-projectors lately. Something you stick in the lawn and it shines twinkling lights/patterns/snow onto the front of the house. In another post I was talking about how I just bought a fresh set of lights for the house but I have to admit that I have been thinking about these. Anyone have any experience with them? I suspect the attached image (below) is artistic rendering, I doubt they are actually as bright as depicted. (I could be wrong, though, if anyone has used these before. If so, do you have a brand you'd recommend?)

I am on the fence, like I said, I have lights for the house that I plan to use but maybe I will get something in a machine color pattern for the big tree in front of the house our something.

Thoughts?

906219p.jpg
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I don't believe that I have ever seen them in person, but I have seen them on QVC and can say that certain colors are much more vibrant than others. These lights intrigue me as well. Seem so simple. They do seem very bright in this photo, but I am wondering if this is more than 1 light projector in use.
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-01-2015 at 10:25 PM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I am still not sure about buying one. I almost did last year and are currently debating if I will buy one this year. I am wondering how they perform in very cold temperatures like we have here in Canada.

I've never seen these, but they look beautiful! Wow. How unique!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I don't have any experience with these projectors, but I did get a groupon for one this morning:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-100...b6034085245643
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

The seem interesting, I already have light for the house as I was saying but this has piqued my curiosity. I may see if I can catch a sale on one and, worst case, I will shine it on the tree in front or something and see how it looks. I am always a sucker for these gadgets.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens