Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today that is Christmassy?

Not today, but on Friday I put the outdoor lights up (not lit). I was disgusted to see that at least half my white mini lights were not working. I really need to find a better brand. Every year I lose a lot of the minis. I actually ran out right near the end, so ordered some more (can't find them in the store). And now I see that part of a strand that's up has stopped working.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Since my roof is 20+ feet up, I leave my lights up. Come June, I check them out. This year they needed to be replaced and I did that in October (before the Winter chill begins). Now they are ready and I will be doing more today, since it looks like a sub-freezing set of days at starting this weekend.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I will be doing more today, since it looks like a sub-freezing set of days at starting this weekend.
    Oh wow- I just looked at your temps. Luckily they don't seem to be coming my way- we'll be dropping down into the 40's next Monday and staying there for awhile. I really hope my new lights arrive before then- I really dislike putting them up in the cold!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Oh wow- I just looked at your temps. Luckily they don't seem to be coming my way- we'll be dropping down into the 40's next Monday and staying there for awhile. I really hope my new lights arrive before then- I really dislike putting them up in the cold!
    Yeah, which is why I got my roof lights up early. Looks to have a break in the air come Thanksgiving. Hard to say how deep the freeze in the ground will be by then. Oh well, I'll have to muscle through... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

l did some Christmas shopping

Wrapped my first present for the season...

My replacement white mini lights came the other day. I put them up (all were lit as I was doing it), walked around to the front to make sure everything was all good, and in the time it took me to walk around them, half of my new big strand went out. I tried manipulating them to come back on, but they wouldn't. I ordered another spool and put that up today (in the freezing wind). I finally (fingers crossed!) have them all up and working.

Got all the inflatables up for "A Snowman Family Reunion". I will taker a break today and enjoy Thanksgiving and then onto the lights & music for the front yard...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Got all the inflatables up for "A Snowman Family Reunion". I will taker a break today and enjoy Thanksgiving and then onto the lights & music for the front yard...
    Music?

I started with lighting the candles in the windows on Thanksgiving night. Black Friday I lit the outdoor lights. Decorated the house on Friday and Saturday and today we decorated the main tree. I still have to tweak the house a bit, as I seem to be decorating sparsely this year for some reason. The front outside lights didn't come on at dusk today like they should have. I was sure I blew something out, but luckily I just manipulated the plugs a bit and they came on.