Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: CrazyMike's Christmas in Canada 2015

Thanks for the kind comments. I have not mentioned anything to you all before but I am from a broken home. My father is a very bitter man who has never been to see me during the Christmas season. He does not celebrate Christmas. My mother was always the driving force behind Christmas. When she got sick several years ago Christmas faded away in the household. My wife Jeannette does not have any family either so Christmas has always been just the two of us and our 2 golden retrievers.

While we live in a big home it is a very empty home which is why I try my best to fill it with as much joy as I can during the holiday season. All of the people on our street have big families and there is always lots of excitement during the holidays.
    I pray that you and your families are able to be together this Christmas and that one day I will be able to get to feel what that is like once again.

Mike, thank you for sharing these personal things with us. I'm sorry your father has chosen to not celebrate Christmas or to visit you during Christmas time. I hope that one day he comes to realize how much he has missed and will let go of the bitterness. I'm thinking that maybe under all the bitterness, he's just really hurting.

I think it's wonderful, considering what you've had to deal with, that you go all out to make your home so festive this time of year. I know you bring joy to me and others here on the forum with your step by step pics of setting up and decorating your trees and all your decorations.

Thanks for sharing with us Mike. It really puts things in perspective for me - especially this year when I am feeling sorry for myself because I won't be able to decorate!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I guess we all have our issues Ornamentmaven. If I lived closer to you I would come and do your decorating for you. 3 weeks to go until the big day. I am off to a Christmas market in Toronto tomorrow and are getting the real tree on Sunday so I am really looking forward to the weekend. I have been doing lots of shopping and finding more ornaments for the trees. I am hoping to get all of my decorating completed this weekend. I was finally able to get the big tree decorated on the window facing side this year without hurting myself. I will post some videos on the weekend and some pictures from the Christmas market and the tree farm.

Oh Mike Thanks for the offer. I can't decorate this year because I am moving. I'm selling my house and the sale should be final on the 15th. We will then be living at a temporary location for several weeks. I hope to put up one small tree there, but that will be it! I'll have to make the best of it

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Thank you for posting Mike. I think a lot of us on this forum can relate. I didn't come from a broken home, but it wasn't a particularly happy one either. The only member of my intimidate family that I am close to and have regular contact with is my brother. I am the only one he keeps in contact with as well. He lives in Japan, I live in DC, and the rest are all causing drama in Calgary. Me and my brother got as far away as possible. The last time I was back was for my father's funeral, and now that he is gone, I doubt I will ever be back.

Oh so sorry for both of you Mike and Jolly!

Jolly there is lots of drama in my family as well. Ornamentmaven you will all be settled in to your new house before you know it. I remember many years ago long before I was on this forum I moved into a house on December 21st and I went on a marathon to get the house decorated. It was an insane Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Jolly there is lots of drama in my family as well. Ornamentmaven you will all be settled in to your new house before you know it. I remember many years ago long before I was on this forum I moved into a house on December 21st and I went on a marathon to get the house decorated. It was an insane Christmas.
    If we do get into our new home before Christmas (doubtful) - I will probably do the same thing!

Mike it's all so beautiful,thank you for sharing.