Thread: Christmas Comic Books

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)

Christmas Comic Books

I really didn't know where to post this, and this seemed the closest to the topic. ChantelleJoy feel free to move it to another forum.
    Anyway did any of you ever buy those Christmas comic books growing up? I remember Archie had quite a few, and I was always really excited to see them. Disney also did some, and even the Super Hero comics would occasionally do Christmas stories. I think they still publish a few, but not anywhere near what they had when I was growing up.

Never was into comic books - so can't say that I remember this
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I remember having a Huey, Dewey and Louie Christmas comic book, probably back in the last 60s or early 70s.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Looking to buy some basic Marvel comic books for Christmas.? Anyone help..?

monkey finger family
    Last edited by Markslee; 03-15-2016 at 07:47 PM.

I use to collect comics and remember many a holiday edition from both the DC and Marvel Universes. In the 90's. Marvel came out with a comic most of those years titled Marvel Holiday Special (I still have a few) and DC would also put out either a special in a series run, their own DC Holiday Special or Christmas with the Super-heroes.
    Of course now you would have to look online or in your favorite comic store to find these past issues. DC did put out a 2017 issue (for about $10) in December, but as far as other publications, I can't say since I have been out of the collecting world since 2002.
    Good luck hunting...

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    OP here
    If anyone is interested, DC comics has an exclusive deal with Walmart to sell some comics only available in their stores. Last year I made a special trip ( There are no Walmart's near me) to pick up their Christmas issue. I bought 3 copies, because I have a couple of fellow nerd friends who wanted them too. We were all disappointed. We all agreed the stories were really bad. I still might make a trip this year, but I'm going to set my expectations pretty low.

I never collected the comic books but I did collect the "Santa's Around the World" trading cards
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I will be checking with the major comic publishers to see if any "Special" issues are to be expected this year...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I have not seen any this past year. I will be looking for a compilation of past issues to eventually come out...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"