Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who's getting twitchy?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Between work and Covid, I haven’t had a real Christmas for 3 years! I’m definitely getting twitchy! I bought a boatload of new decorations after last Christmas. I have also purchased new dishes, napkin rings, and table linens. I even have a box of nonperishable items for Christmas dinner in case of supply issues! I’m having a blowout Christmas no matter what!
    Yay! You should have a lot of fun this year!
    Good idea about the non-perishable items...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Being in the military for so many years, I've often wondered what it would be like to celebrate Christmas by having a dinner consisting of C-Rations or MREs. Not that I intend to... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Being in the military for so many years, I've often wondered what it would be like to celebrate Christmas by having a dinner consisting of C-Rations or MREs. Not that I intend to... lol
    I had to look those up.
    My mother bought pouches of military emergency food years ago, that you would activate, either with water or shaking it, I think. I don't remember them being hugely disgusting, but I know I was afraid to eat them and wasn't keen to have more than one.
    Hopefully none of us will ever have to resort to any of that- especially for the holidays (but it is good to be prepared)!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I had to look those up.
    Hopefully none of us will ever have to resort to any of that- especially for the holidays (but it is good to be prepared)!
    Good point. When single, my Christmas dinners were somewhat simple to fix, but always welcome when I consider others throughout the world...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"