Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Christmas gift you received as a child

Favorite Christmas gift you received as a child

I'm feeling very sentimental this morning, and something made me think of Christmas back in 1969. In July that year, Apollo 11 had successfully landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong was the first person to every walk its surface. On Christmas morning, I opened my all-time favorite present: Billy Blastoff.

Billyblastoff.jpg

Billyblastoff set.jpg

I remember playing with that toy for a long, long time. He had his own space ship, space crawler, space sled, space ATV, ray gun and radar screen. I saw a set like that on eBay recently for $250. I wish I'd kept mine! Not to sell it but just to have.

How about you? What was your favorite Christmas gift you received as a child?
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

I loved dolls - especially Barbie dolls. One year Santa gave me a Francie doll (Barbie's younger cousin). My Mom also sewed an entire Barbie wardrobe for my sister and I. I remember hearing her sewing late at night.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My Little Pony castle

Does anyone remember NOT getting that one special gift you asked Santa for? I begged for a Sno-Cone machine for several years. I always remember my Mom saying that Santa had told her that he couldn't bring it because it was just junk!

My favorite video game when I was 7..
    http://www.yankee-candles.co.uk/

Santa disappeared when I was four --- but my best gift was a Brownie Hawkeye camera. I think I was ten or eleven when I got that.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Does anyone remember NOT getting that one special gift you asked Santa for? I begged for a Sno-Cone machine for several years. I always remember my Mom saying that Santa had told her that he couldn't bring it because it was just junk!
    Well, I don't want to talk about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    My Little Pony castle
    How sweet.

I always seemed to love every gift I received, but one stands out in my mind. I was 4, going on 5 and I received a Kenner Give A Show Projector. It came with slide strips of mainly Hanna Barbera cartoons...The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc. I loved that thing!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    I always seemed to love every gift I received, but one stands out in my mind. I was 4, going on 5 and I received a Kenner Give A Show Projector. It came with slide strips of mainly Hanna Barbera cartoons...The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc. I loved that thing!
    I remember getting something like that as a child. Loved it!