Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas dinner table

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    santa table thumbnail_IMG_0602.jpg This was the Santa table I did. I wish the runner had been longer, but this was the longest one I could get at the time.

This was the other table the year I did the country/woodsy table. The napkins have both silver and gold , but it's hard to see from the picture. city table 2 thumbnail_IMG_0207.jpg
    2 tables thumbnail_IMG_0044.jpg
    This is the 2 tables together. At the time we called them "The city table and the country table". It looked better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    The plates actually are black (not the most Christmassy, but it worked in person)and those are flame less candles that hadn't been turned on yet when I took the picture.
    Actually, I was thinking that black plates would be nice with the red napkins- a good contrast, and they matched your stemware.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

This was the Santa table I did. I wish the runner had been longer, but this was the longest one I could get at the time.
    Oh, that's festive! Is that a sack of gifts in the middle of the table? I see what you mean by the length of the runner, but at least it makes it easier to appreciate the detail on it.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

This was the other table the year I did the country/woodsy table. The napkins have both silver and gold , but it's hard to see from the picture.
    Elegant- it's nice that you can be so creative. I'm not sure I'm seeing the center of the table correctly- is it a bowl with silver and gold ornaments in it? From the second picture, I'm thinking there must be string lights in there as well? And do I see string lights outside the bowl also? I've been eyeing ornament place card holders for awhile now and just haven't gotten them yet. They look nice!

Did you take your inspiration for this table from Rudolph's Silver and Gold song?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Elegant- it's nice that you can be so creative. I'm not sure I'm seeing the center of the table correctly- is it a bowl with silver and gold ornaments in it? From the second picture, I'm thinking there must be string lights in there as well? And do I see string lights outside the bowl also? I've been eyeing ornament place card holders for awhile now and just haven't gotten them yet. They look nice!

Did you take your inspiration for this table from Rudolph's Silver and Gold song?
    The bowl is just silver and gold floating candles. The 2 colors didn't look as good together in the bowl as I thought they would. I was also going to use both silver and gold place card holders and crackers, but it looked better with just the gold. Rudolph wasn't the inspiration, but I definitely thought of the song when I was putting it together.
    I am planning on doing something similar with some floating snowflake candles, and snowflake place card holders I got on clearance last year.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 10-17-2021 at 07:24 PM.

This was one of my favorites. I have since purchased some deer napkin rings and place card holders, so I'm going to redo it some time in the future. Try as I might, I couldn't get the creases out of the tablecloth. I must have washed and ironed it 4 times! xmas reendeer silver table 15697453_10154021568260588_3537306720996827357_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Oh, that's festive! Is that a sack of gifts in the middle of the table? I see what you mean by the length of the runner, but at least it makes it easier to appreciate the detail on it.
    I paid a friends mother to make the Santa sack centerpiece.

The bowl is just silver and gold floating candles. The 2 colors didn't look as good together in the bowl as I thought they would. I was also going to use both silver and gold place card holders and crackers, but it looked better with just the gold. Rudolph wasn't the inspiration, but I definitely thought of the song when I was putting it together.
    I am planning on doing something similar with some floating snowflake candles, and snowflake place card holders I got on clearance last year.
    I see...what I thought were lights on the table was a reflection of lights. Did the floating candles last long? Mine always burn down quickly.
    I have some snowflake candles, too. I never think to put them on the table, though. I look forward to your snowflake table pic when it's done!

This was one of my favorites. I have since purchased some deer napkin rings and place card holders, so I'm going to redo it some time in the future. Try as I might, I couldn't get the creases out of the tablecloth. I must have washed and ironed it 4 times!
    I like that! The sled looks great and I can imagine the table with the deer holders and rings- it should come out nice!
    I'm so tired of trying unsuccessfully to get creases out of tablecloths (mine are resistant, too)! I really should look into permanent press.