Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas dinner table

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I'm so tired of trying unsuccessfully to get creases out of tablecloths (mine are resistant, too)! I really should look into permanent press.
    Preach it! I thought I was the only one with that problem! It was getting to the point that if I spent anymore time on the tablecloth, I wouldn't have had time to make the food!

I just toss mine in the dryer on steam refresh and then make sure to pull it out hot... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I have an idea for Christmas Eve with my lover. Hope he likes it. Cakes and romantic candlelit evenings, just like in the movies

There you go and maybe add a Hallmark movie to finish with coffee or a glass of wine...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Preach it! I thought I was the only one with that problem! It was getting to the point that if I spent anymore time on the tablecloth, I wouldn't have had time to make the food!
    Seriously. Because I start to become OCD about it, like if I just leave the iron on it a little longer, it HAS to go away.

I had to go check, and I don't have 'steam refresh' as an option on my drier. I've tried putting it in the drier with a wet towel or something and that doesn't work. So, basically I have to get it completely soaking wet and then dry it, which I usually never remember until I no longer have the time to do that.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

dntran2103!

Your Christmas Eve plan sounds nice!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dntran2103 View Post
    I have an idea for Christmas Eve with my lover. Hope he likes it. Cakes and romantic candlelit evenings, just like in the movies

Sounds lovely!

Right now the table is set for Thanksgiving (to include a "Gobble till you wobble" plush turkey), but the stuff is ready to replace it on the following Friday...

Op here. Here are the tables I did for Christmas 2022. I’m having some issues uploading, so I hope they work.

00B928BC-62DA-4134-AF82-591013E4E394.jpg. AA6F478F-5A1F-44A5-8CD3-E32829BECBD9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 02-09-2023 at 10:55 PM.

Mine was a bit different this past year, since it was just my wife and I...

Xmas 2022 Table.jpg
    Last edited by Bishop1954; 02-10-2023 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Photo upside down