Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unlit Christmas trees

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Shoot! I have it set up so I pay the same amount every month.
    Yes, I am on the budget plan here as well. The usage is reviewed every 6 months and then our charges are re-evaluated. At times I have been paying over $500 per month. Now I'm at $390, but that's going back up to $460 next month! I'm not quiet sure why the increase because we ran under budget this summer. I guess they are anticipating Christmas and another freezing winter! This is one of the reasons I want to sell my house!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I use an ancient (read: bought it 10 years ago at a flea market for $10) unlit 5" tree in the bedroom. It gets white mini-lights only.

The big, livingroom tree is unlit - because it's real! I light it with opaque LED C7's multicolours & whites. Best of both worlds, low electricity bill - classic look, no heat! I add a few strings more each year - can never have enough lights!
    Whoa! 5"??? That IS teeny!! HAHA!!! LEDs are definitely the way the holiday lighting game is going. Nowadays, you can find replicas of old lights in LED versions all over the place. The price is still a tad high though. Plus, the purist in me still likes the "warm" glow of incandescent.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Whoa! 5"??? That IS teeny!! HAHA!!! LEDs are definitely the way the holiday lighting game is going. Nowadays, you can find replicas of old lights in LED versions all over the place. The price is still a tad high though. Plus, the purist in me still likes the "warm" glow of incandescent.
    HAHAHAHA OMG NO NO 5'
    Whoops.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I use an ancient (read: bought it 10 years ago at a flea market for $10) unlit 5" tree in the bedroom. It gets white mini-lights only.

The big, livingroom tree is unlit - because it's real! I light it with opaque LED C7's multicolours & whites. Best of both worlds, low electricity bill - classic look, no heat! I add a few strings more each year - can never have enough lights!
    I wish I could sit in your living room for a few hours!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Whoa! LED lights decoration look so pretty... We use candles for decorating room, I love the lights coming out of melting candles and sweet scents...

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    Does anyone still use unlit Christmas trees? I'm thinking of buying one for the bonus room this year so that I can put some C7 or C9 multi-colored lights, along with some old fashioned bubble lights. I like the look of the larger lights. I think it gives it more of a traditional/retro look.

I love traditional/retro!