Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening all! I'm working on a project, and I thought i'd share it so far!

:tree: Evening all! I'm working on a project, and I thought i'd share it so far!

Side note: HI EVERYONE! Sorry I've been so inactive, I say this everytime, I know. I have no excuse this time! I work fewer hours every week now, and I spend alot of time online!

Anyways, here goes:

I've been working on a small, Christmas themed game project for a while now, and it's starting to take shape, so I thought I would show it to you all.

(some of the art isn't final, other parts are!)

Currently, Santa is able to move, the snow falls in a natural sort of way, and the tree lights up :D
    You're able to pick up the presents, and once you have all of them, it takes you to the next level. I've currently made 10 levels, all of which vary in difficulty.

I'll make a download available as soon as I polish it a little bit.

Now, for something I require your help with:
    When this game is finished, and released (hoping to release it completely around the end of October, with 100+ levels, bunch of other features, better art, etc.), it's going to be released on a Pay-What-You-Want system, with every penny going to charities that help those who don't get a Christmas. Why not help spread the joy that way? Christmas shouldn't leave anyone out!

Does anyone know of any charities that do something like this, or charities that you would like to see the money go to?

Thanks for reading this, I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback, and thoughts on Charities!

Much love,
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Michael

Hi Michael,
    I know, I say the same all the time as well after I've been gone for so long

This game looks cool; at first glance, it looks like a Christmas version of Tetris haha. I would love to spread the word about it once it's done - I could write a post on my blog. Sorry, I don't know of any charities like this.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    The biggest Christmas charity I know of is Toys For Tots. I think it's an American charity though. I don't think it's international.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    The biggest Christmas charity I know of is Toys For Tots. I think it's an American charity though. I don't think it's international.
    Do toys for tots only provide for children in the US? As long as this game helps bring Christmas to those who don't have it, I'm fine with it :D
    ~Michael

I think that's correct. Every year in November, it's a massive toy/money drive to provide gifts to kids who don't get anything for Christmas. A very wide variety of businesses participate in it every year, either by being a toy drop off point, or doing toy/fundraisers with their employees, etc...

It's a pretty big deal every year.

Here's a link to their website:
    http://www.toysfortots.org/default.aspx

It's closely tied to the United States Marine Corps, so I assume it's USA only.

hmmm, I'll keep them under consideration.

I'd definitely prefer an international charity, if possible.
    ~Michael

Here's a small update:

As you can see, I've began to change up some graphics within the game, tidy then up and make the game look smarter!

I've also added a little score keeper in the top left corner of the screen, every time you collect a present, you now hear a little Christmas bell noise, and it adds 1 point to your total!

Also, once you have collected all the presents on each level, the North pole sign glows up red and white (in the picture it is red/white by default. in the game, it is greyed out until all presents have been collected!), and you simply have to pass santa over it to go to the next level!

Hope all is well on the forum, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster these days, but I'm always around now! <3
    ~Michael

I'm not a good one to give an opinion on any computer games. I think the last computer game I played was Mario Brothers!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas