Thread: Just Curious...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Just Curious...

Whenever I open a thread to post, I typically scroll back to MY OWN last entry, then I read what others have written since I last posted. Does everyone else (or anyone else for that matter) actually do that, or do you just open a thread, hit "last page" and make your post?

I've often wondered how many people actually read what else is posted in threads.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I usually hit the "last comment" button, read that one, then go back and read the others since my last post.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

It's kind of a bummer around here though. We've lost a lot of regular contributors over the past 2 years. Even in the "off-season", we still had about 15-20 regular posters. Then when we hit the "ber" months...it got pretty crazy! I still love to check in whenever I can. Such good people here!!

Same here, Mike. I log in every day when I get in the office and check it a few times a day.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

I also start with the last comments then hit the everything else button and click on the highlighted threads. Then go to forum and see if anything else is posted there
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It's always kind of sad when I click New Posts, and it tells me there are no new posts since my last visit.

A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Maybe you should ask yourselfs why have you lost a lot of regular contributors over the last 2 years????

I always do. Its also funny when I post back to back comments a whole year apart
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Being still fairly new to this site, it depends on the thread I am currently in. I have responded to quite a few, just to keep them going and let others know that someone is here now. I'm sure others come around as the year progresses towards Dec 25th. Anyway, if there are not too many pages, I view them all. It helps me on the thread itself and to get to know some of the names. But those that have say over a dozen pages or so, I usually limit it to the initial entry and then the last couple of pages.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"