Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello friends!!!!!!!!

Well, having been around those with special needs, and those who have autism, I can say that autistic people tend to offer information that they have been taught. It's very difficult to know what others probably already know if you're autistic. So, I'm not saying that anyone here is autistic, but I tend to be tolerant of mistakes that look unintentional. Just sayin'.

Peace on earth and goodwill to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I'm sorry, Olga. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just that that type of post is how spammers often start out. I am not saying kerrykelin IS a spammer but I just don't understand why some people feel the need to explain what Christmas means in general. It isn't as if the one's that do this are sharing what they love, personally, about Christmas. Do any of us really need to be told that Christmas is a time when Christmas decorations are put up in early December and taken down in early January??
    You are correct steph!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    You are correct steph!
    Thank you for your support, OM. I appreciate it! (And I do take into consideration others' views on this, as well.)

Merry, thanks for your input. I understand what you are saying about people with autism. Two of my children are high functioning, have Asperger's and my oldest grandson has autism. I don't happen to think that's the case here, but how would I know, it isn't my place to judge that, and I think it's great that you give people the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for your support, OM. I appreciate it! (And I do take into consideration others' views on this, as well.)

Merry, thanks for your input. I understand what you are saying about people with autism. Two of my children are high functioning, have Asperger's and my oldest grandson has autism. I don't happen to think that's the case here, but how would I know, it isn't my place to judge that, and I think it's great that you give people the benefit of the doubt.
    I probably shouldn't have said anything. Thank you for understanding! I'm no expert even with autistic relatives. I think part of my personality is to protect the underdog, but in general I don't trust people. Weird, huh?

nice!

for God loved the world so much, that He gave His only begotten Son.......

My brother has Asperger's as well and life has not been easy for him!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I probably shouldn't have said anything. Thank you for understanding! I'm no expert even with autistic relatives. I think part of my personality is to protect the underdog, but in general I don't trust people. Weird, huh?
    No, I don't think it's weird at all. Believe it or not, most of the time, I am the same way. And there was nothing wrong with what you said.

No, I don't think it's weird at all. Believe it or not, most of the time, I am the same way. And there was nothing wrong with what you said.
    You are a VERY kind person!

Aww, thank you, Merry!!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    My brother has Asperger's as well and life has not been easy for him!
    Wow! So many people are acquainted with this. I have a grandson who is autistic and he is the son of another daughter.