View Poll Results: When do you start decorating?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • Before Black Friday

8 42.11%
  • Black Friday weekend

7 36.84%
  • Early December

4 21.05%
  • Right before Christmas

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting Christmas decorating this weekend?

I am fighting the urge to put up the Christmas tree in the living room today

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

We usally put the tree up on the nearest weekend to the 12th, and then put the rest of the decorations up after,day by day, and its great :D.
    Cant wait.

I hsould have started this weekend, but I am so tired and just want to lay around. I think I will have my 2 year old help me during the week, that way we can surprise his daddy!

just have fun doing it thats all that really matters! I didn't have much of a helper but I had fun anyways!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I started, the kitchen tree is up and the lights on the stair railing

---
    ladyice

DW let me get all the decorations out of the attic today and then she said we could start putting out a few things!!!! I was very excited!!!! We hung a few things on the walls: advent calendar, "let it snow" snowman window; put out the Christmas towels in the kitchen and half bath; I set up my Santa collection; and placed a few other niknaks out. DW even put on Christmas videos for our 1-year-old to watch! I couldn't believe it!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    DW let me get all the decorations out of the attic today and then she said we could start putting out a few things!!!! I was very excited!!!! We hung a few things on the walls: advent calendar, "let it snow" snowman window; put out the Christmas towels in the kitchen and half bath; I set up my Santa collection; and placed a few other niknaks out. DW even put on Christmas videos for our 1-year-old to watch! I couldn't believe it!
    Hurray for your DW!

I have to go find my Advent wreath and rearrange some stuff so I can display it. I put some of the ornaments on the back of the tree tonight.

I will be up in the attack Friday pulling all the inside decor out. Not sure on the outside. DH is not in the mood this year, not sure what's up with that. I think he is a little depressed about my youngest son being out of state now. Anyway, I also found out that I can decorate my cubicle at my new job, so, will be taking stuff there Monday after Thanksgiving! WOOHOO!!
    Wishing all a safe and loving Holiday!!

I will probably start after Thanksgiving or on Friday. It is hard this year because Thanksgiving is so late and all the stores have such nice stuff but don't remember what I bought last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    I will probably start after Thanksgiving or on Friday. It is hard this year because Thanksgiving is so late and all the stores have such nice stuff but don't remember what I bought last year.
    Thanksgiving is late this year, we are losing precious decorating days! lol

---
    ladyice