View Poll Results: When do you start decorating?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • Before Black Friday

8 42.11%
  • Black Friday weekend

7 36.84%
  • Early December

4 21.05%
  • Right before Christmas

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting Christmas decorating this weekend?

Starting Christmas decorating this weekend?

Is anyone else starting to decorate this weekend? I am putting the tree up and starting to get the stuff out. I will start decorating this Saturday.

I usually do it Black Friday but it's so late this year. I want to look at my tree.

How about you all?

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I live in Canada and since Thanksgiving in Canada is in October I start to decorate right after Halloween

I have been sneaking a little bit out for about a week now and will probably do a couple of trees this week. Since I will have about 20 here on T-Day I don't want a bunch of boxes around so my decorating will be selective but look out on Black Friday. I actually have alot of fall/harvest decorating out right now that fits right in with Thanksgiving so there is a conflict of interests - lol

I usually start the day after Thanksgiving but things are different this year and I am starting it now.
    Don't have the tree up yet but I have a few decorations up and working all this week on getting more up.

the xmas decor starts dec 1 but yesterday , I did add some red items to living room and red candles and a big bowl of glass full of tinsel sort of like a transition into xmas

As much as I would love to at least get out all of my Christmas decorations and see what we have (we buy a lot after Christmas during the 50-75% off sales), I know DW doesn't want to see it yet. After all, I just got all of the Halloween decorations put up in the attic last weekend! Ha ha ha :D Maybe she'll let me get things down so we can take a peek though. We start putting things out on Thanksgiving Day and the day after.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

on Thanksgiving day I will start decorating outside. I have 30' of evergreen garland to decorate our front porch. I am looking to buy 4 large red bows to put on the posts or pillars. When I am done with it I will take some pics of it. the inside is complete now and I am ready for the holidays to make there appearances. Loving it!

presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I don't remember when I started, but I did put up one of the smaller trees before Halloween. It can't be seen from the front door. I didn't want any little goblins' mothers to know that I'm crazy.

I'm taking it slow and easy.

i started putting up outside decoractions last weekend,and my daughter and i finished the fence and 3 trees outside this evening.i hope to have everything done outside by Thanksgiving and put the tree up on black friday.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmiser View Post
    i started putting up outside decoractions last weekend,and my daughter and i finished the fence and 3 trees outside this evening.i hope to have everything done outside by Thanksgiving and put the tree up on black friday.
    Would love to see pics once you're finished!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com