Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No outdoor lights this year

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Yes - bad luck every year with outside lights - burnouts, plugs facing the wrong way, bad design, outlet failure!
    I think they change the design of the plugs every few years. Of the strands that actually worked, they wouldn't fit together!

Mike- your sons must love your display! Can you get a pic of it at night? Do you do anything in the back yard?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Mike your house looks great !!!!

It is a good idea to put a row of candles outside. It is pretty good that you got C-7 bulbs for decoration.
    Last edited by ReneBTurner; 12-13-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    Christmas Trees Sale | Christmas Ornaments Sale | Christmas Tree Decorations
    http://www.factorydirectparty.com/holiday/christmas-trees.html

Quote Originally Posted by ReneBTurner View Post
    It is a good idea to put a row of candles outside. It is pretty good that you got C-7 bulbs for decoration.
    I guess the wiring is broken. Even with new bulbs they don't light up.

By the way, welcome to ATC, Renee!

After testing all of the lights, strand by strand, my son and I headed out into the cold to start decorating. We quickly discovered that somewhere between the basement and the front porch, about 50% of our lights had stopped working. So, being the creative, adaptive people that we are, we devised Plan B. We got most of the lights up, and once again, about 50% of those lights had stopped working.
    It was at that point that we decided that we will not have outdoor lights this year.
    But the inside looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    After testing all of the lights, strand by strand, my son and I headed out into the cold to start decorating. We quickly discovered that somewhere between the basement and the front porch, about 50% of our lights had stopped working. So, being the creative, adaptive people that we are, we devised Plan B. We got most of the lights up, and once again, about 50% of those lights had stopped working.
    It was at that point that we decided that we will not have outdoor lights this year.
    But the inside looks great!
    Lol! I was just wondering if an electrician could repair my candles. I might look into that in the coming year.

I really cut back on my outside lights this year. Just one large shrub, around the front door and a small hanging tree. Don't feel like making the power company rich this year
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Your place looks Great Mike. Good Job .
    I really wish I could do my lights like this, but I don't even know where I would begin.
    My daughter found this while looking for Frozen decorations.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX2d1LamXb0

Quote Originally Posted by Sofarris View Post
    Your place looks Great Mike. Good Job .
    I really wish I could do my lights like this, but I don't even know where I would begin.
    My daughter found this while looking for Frozen decorations.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX2d1LamXb0
    I like that video.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."