Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fruitcake Thread

I am in EU.And the grocery shop in another EU country stopped delivery of groceries to other EU countries.

Where I live is very little dried fruits sold almost nobody bakes.

Anyone know where I can order online dried fruits of all types with delivery to Europe?

Making the icing today just on the top of the fruitcake.

Not the biggest fan of fruitcake, but I have had a few homemade that I thoiught were good for the season...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I've never had fruitcake with icing on top. That actually sounds quite tasty.

What flavor icing did you make?

This next season, I have a friend who insists that after I try her homemade variety, I will be a fruitcake lover. We shall see... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyGirlStuff View Post
    I've never had fruitcake with icing on top. That actually sounds quite tasty.

What flavor icing did you make?
    I know the question wasn't directed at me, but my mother always put a nice layer of marzipan on top of her fruitcakes. It was delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I know the question wasn't directed at me, but my mother always put a nice layer of marzipan on top of her fruitcakes. It was delicious!
    Interesting. I am in some ways actually looking forward to my first "homemade" version...

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Interesting. I am in some ways actually looking forward to my first "homemade" version...

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I made Ornament maven's and really liked it, plus it was easy. Full disclosure, I did make one tweak, because my car was in the shop and couldn't get to the market. I used Maraschino cherries in place of the candied fruit, simply because that was the closest thing I had in the cupboard. One of my friends actually said "This tastes like Christmas".
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 02-17-2021 at 05:23 PM.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I made Ornament maven's and really liked it, plus it was easy. Full disclosure, I did make one tweak, because my car was in the shop and couldn't get to the market. I used Maraschino cherries in place of the candied fruit, simply because that was the closest thing I had in the cupboard. One of my friends actually said "This tastes like Christmas".
    Thanks for the extra tip. Maybe I'll try my hand at it...

Wow, I actually feel like I'd like to try some, after the 'tastes like Christmas' comment and the marzipan frosting....I LOVE marzipan.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.