Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Favourite Decorations - 2014

Our Favourite Decorations - 2014

Feel free to start a new thread for all of your own decorating around your house - but lets share our FAVOURITE decorations here! Whether it be in your house, a friend or family member - or even something you see on the street or in a shop!

OUR FAVOURITE DECORATIONS
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

You all probably know that my favorite is my Madame Alexander Doll tree. Here is a picture from last year:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

That's cute,as i now have my own home now which is a new england cottage i've done my trees new england style old ornaments,pinecones that i got from the yard just a true new england christmas.Picture 4653.jpgPicture 4685.jpgPicture 4745.jpgPicture 4746.jpg

Thought i'd share a bit,i now make what is called Rag Garland"many around these parts make this as you can add anything you want to it i added beads and sprayed a bit of snow on it looks nice also did many pinecones did my own baskets and put some on my trees the other tree is in the front of the house,i really like the old new england christmases,many here still make things the way it use to be it's so wonderful.We're going out to cut fresh pine for the deck which is what many here do,then i'll add pinecones and some garland through it,i'll post more photos when done with that project.

Very pretty snowbell!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    That's cute,as i now have my own home now which is a new england cottage i've done my trees new england style old ornaments,pinecones that i got from the yard just a true new england christmas.Picture 4653.jpgPicture 4685.jpgPicture 4745.jpgPicture 4746.jpg
    Thank you for sharing those pictures! I love, love, love to see peoples' Christmas decor and especially the trees! I love your tree!

Beautiful trees OM and AP,Like the rag garland I have an Aunt who lives in East Falmouth out on the Cape,she would dye hers dark green then she would intertwine a string of cranberries and popcorn and for a final touch she would add pine cones and little red bows.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I don't have those pictures now, but I still remember the beautiful nativity we created of sheep farm and baby Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post

That was awesome, I wish I could share my memories with you all.

Lovely Christmas tree decoration..
    I like candle decoration and beautiful lights....