Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa57 View Post
    Well thank you! That just might get me to go out and cut one. I've seen quite a few really nice pines growing out here, in places they'd never grown before.

I wonder about people, too. Seems like the ones I know just want to "get through" Christmass, and I almost live for it.
    Don't get me started!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Don't get me started!!!
    Well, as bad as it is to see so much of this, you all give me hope that there are still people out there who get it, who love the season for all its glory and beauty. And for that, thank you!
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

It's absolutely fine if you love to decorate your Christmas tree before thanksgiving. I also love to decorate my tree for more than one month because I don't want only one month to enjoy. But mostly I decorate my Christmas tree around and after thanksgiving.
    Last edited by ReneBTurner; 12-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Christmas Trees Sale | Christmas Ornaments Sale | Christmas Tree Decorations
    http://www.factorydirectparty.com/holiday/christmas-trees.html

the week after Halloween

Most houses in my country start decorating for as early as October. We start making decoration during the first week of October and place the decorations during the last week of the said month. I don't go with too much lights but I focus the decoration in front of the house where passer-by can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    the week after Halloween
    Yes!!! Although I didn't get to it this year.

Before Thanksgiving at least a week or so before,it's been a tradition in the family started by my mom,now that she has passed i carry it on.

I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving - mostly because I host Thanksgiving dinner. I have a small house (not enough room for guests AND decorations - at least not with all my decorations!). I also want Thanksgiving to have the special recognition it deserves.

It usually takes me 4 intense days to get everything up - 1 day each for the tree, the village, outside decorations and general inside decorations. All done by December 1st!

I don't think I'm decorating this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I don't think I'm decorating this year.
    I know it can be very stressful as you get older. I may not do the village this year. Just do something small!