Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

I wish I could do some decorating this year. I traditionally start on Black Friday - but not with the move. Closing on the house is supposed to be next week. We haven't yet found a new home, so we will almost certainly be in temporary quarters. So depressing to think about!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My family and I do Christmas arts and crafts throughout the year. We start decorating on Thanksgiving. We feel like its an awesome way to start since everyone is in town visiting and the family love is in the air.

I am so looking forward to decorating my new home this year. I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving and that is only 7+ weeks away!!! I will have overnight guests for Thanksgiving this year, so I may have to wait an extra day or two - unless I can convince them to help!!! I have been planning for months now as to where everything is going to be set up. I hope it works out as planned!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It takes us the better part of November to get it all up so this year I'll get going on Nov. 4.
    I'll put the Thanksgiving decorations up in the dining room and then start on Christmas in the front of the house.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My office has a few items year round. For the rest of the house... the day after Thanksgiving.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

It is interesting how the authors of the above points respond now to these queries after the outbreak of the pandemic

Actually. I was just wandering through all of the active threads and simply decided to get them back into the conversation once more...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

It is interesting how the authors of the above points respond now to these queries after the outbreak of the pandemic. I am from https://worldpostalcode.com/canada/ontario/toronto, and I am following several scientists. And they all have different positions and arguments regarding the virus. So now I am really confused who is right. Scientifically they all have logical thoughts.

I may decide to get an earlier jump this year for the family room and my new office...

I've started decorating the inside and putting the trees up the weekend after Thanksgiving, instead of at the beginning of December. Last year I lit the outdoor lights at the same time, which I might continue. The season's just not long enough!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.