Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

Thanks for reminding me. I need to check and see if the roof icicles are working...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. I need to check and see if the roof icicles are working...
    Are they still up?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Yes, since they sit about 18' above the ground, they are a pain to take down. So, I just leave them up. Nice for CIJ as well...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

All ready done as it was my moms tradition and now i carry it on.

Now that Halloween is over, I have begun my decoration for Christmas. My newly renovated office and family room have already had a good start and the rest will be coming along shortly...

Here are a couple of photos from this year's yard... 20211212_172313.jpg20211212_172605.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Here are a couple of photos from this year's yard...
    It looks great! I like the lit garland going around the yard- I haven't seen that before. And the snowman counting down the days is cute! Has anyone used the bench to take a picture with Santa yet? I like your inflatables- those are more my preference. A lot of people around here have their yards filled with Star Wars inflatables.

I can only imagine the wires.

Well done!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Thanks. It is weird that the pictures showed up upside down. Oh well... lol. Yes, a few have had their photo taken. I like using the garland for decoration and for keeping others out of the yard. Would not want anyone getting hurt by tripping over guide wires or extension cords...

I think around mid november is like a good time to start, especially if you're a christmas fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by darketernal View Post
    I think around mid november is like a good time to start, especially if you're a christmas fanatic.
    I'm really torn on this! I want to fully experience autumn and Thanksgiving, but I'm finding that my Christmas is just way too short!