Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    112
    It's tradition in our family to go get our Christmas tree in-between Thanksgiving Lunch at one grandparents house & Thanksgiving Supper at the others. We don't decorate or anything until the day after Thanksgiving though!
    "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas".
    Calvin Coolidge

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    4,368
    It's funny to see these threads bumped after such a long time. My answer is still the same as it was the last time I posted in this thread! HA!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    349
    I am from the southern US, and we always have decorated after Thanksgiving. My wife is from Norther Canada, and she always decorates after Halloween, because their Thanksgiving is earlier, and Halloween is the last holiday before Christmas.

    I like her idea better, as Christmas decor always elevates my mood! So, now that I am wed, we are a post Halloween family

  4. #34
    there was a time when all members were crazy to decor the whole house. and now we just order ready made decor centerpieces. and put them all on a Christmas tree. just a month before the special day(Its Christmas).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Well, me and my family usually start to decorate right after we get our Christmas tree. We don't have a traditional day and time to do it, but most of the time we start about 2 weeks before Christmas.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shavertown, PA, USA
    Posts
    19,401
    Quote Originally Posted by svenjeff View Post
    Well, me and my family usually start to decorate right after we get our Christmas tree. We don't have a traditional day and time to do it, but most of the time we start about 2 weeks before Christmas.
    Well, you are not as crazy as most of us here! Some on this forum decorate by November 1st. I generally start the day after Thanksgiving (here in the US, that is the 4th Thursday in November)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    30
    We started just a month before... Our family is crazy for Christmas decoration as all are together after long time..
    We started light decoration, all crafts, gift cards and centerpieces... Christmas scented candles and other accessories..
    Last edited by Eric Brown; 09-28-2015 at 08:46 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well, you are not as crazy as most of us here! Some on this forum decorate by November 1st. I generally start the day after Thanksgiving (here in the US, that is the 4th Thursday in November)
    Fear not. I shall lead you to sanity. Let's start with the exercise "Don't decorate before December"

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    629
    It is tradition here (Netherlands) to decorate after another Dutch holiday on the 5th of December. Since a couple of years we're defiant and have started decorating the 1st weekend of December, this year probably even the last weekend of November.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    It is tradition here (Netherlands) to decorate after another Dutch holiday on the 5th of December. Since a couple of years we're defiant and have started decorating the 1st weekend of December, this year probably even the last weekend of November.
    Hi, Elvira! Is the holiday St. Nicholas' Eve that you decorate after?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr