Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

Usually the Friday after...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Started early because go slow with the OA arthritis. This year do less decorating because home alone and no Xmas tree this year. From the Xmas tree in garden got some fresh branches and into a big glass vase with water. Thin red ribbons and mini baubles 1 inch in red, gold. green. A red bell and few other small sized baubles in red. Icycles lights in window. Red pillar candles with orange essential ols. In windows rickrack in red with few medium sized baubles tied to both ends.

I start my christmas decorating around the 4th of Nov.which is my birthday it's a tradition my mom started when i was little now i carry it on and as always i've added more things.

Due to the onslaught of some early cold weather, I had mine done before Thanksgiving...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xmasflora View Post
    Started early because go slow with the OA arthritis. This year do less decorating because home alone and no Xmas tree this year. From the Xmas tree in garden got some fresh branches and into a big glass vase with water. Thin red ribbons and mini baubles 1 inch in red, gold. green. A red bell and few other small sized baubles in red. Icycles lights in window. Red pillar candles with orange essential ols. In windows rickrack in red with few medium sized baubles tied to both ends.
    Nice to see you again Xmasflora!
    That all sounds really nice.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmasflora View Post
    It is tough as we get older. One year we had 12 trees up in our home besides the outside decorations. But things have slowed down as the big 70 is quickly approaching. Still decorated both inside and out, but to a much lesser degree than before...

I'm starting now. skipping Halloween

My office is decorated year round and each room begins at a different time. For instance, the Harry Potter library will get started next month. For the outside, it will begin the Friday after Thanksgiving...