Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

It's tradition in our family to go get our Christmas tree in-between Thanksgiving Lunch at one grandparents house & Thanksgiving Supper at the others. We don't decorate or anything until the day after Thanksgiving though!
    "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas".
    Calvin Coolidge

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    It's funny to see these threads bumped after such a long time. My answer is still the same as it was the last time I posted in this thread! HA!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I am from the southern US, and we always have decorated after Thanksgiving. My wife is from Norther Canada, and she always decorates after Halloween, because their Thanksgiving is earlier, and Halloween is the last holiday before Christmas.

I like her idea better, as Christmas decor always elevates my mood! So, now that I am wed, we are a post Halloween family

there was a time when all members were crazy to decor the whole house. and now we just order ready made decor centerpieces. and put them all on a Christmas tree. just a month before the special day(Its Christmas).

Well, me and my family usually start to decorate right after we get our Christmas tree. We don't have a traditional day and time to do it, but most of the time we start about 2 weeks before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by svenjeff View Post
    Well, me and my family usually start to decorate right after we get our Christmas tree. We don't have a traditional day and time to do it, but most of the time we start about 2 weeks before Christmas.
    Well, you are not as crazy as most of us here! Some on this forum decorate by November 1st. I generally start the day after Thanksgiving (here in the US, that is the 4th Thursday in November)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

We started just a month before... Our family is crazy for Christmas decoration as all are together after long time..
    We started light decoration, all crafts, gift cards and centerpieces... Christmas scented candles and other accessories..
    Last edited by Eric Brown; 09-28-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well, you are not as crazy as most of us here! Some on this forum decorate by November 1st. I generally start the day after Thanksgiving (here in the US, that is the 4th Thursday in November)
    Fear not. I shall lead you to sanity. Let's start with the exercise "Don't decorate before December"

It is tradition here (Netherlands) to decorate after another Dutch holiday on the 5th of December. Since a couple of years we're defiant and have started decorating the 1st weekend of December, this year probably even the last weekend of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    It is tradition here (Netherlands) to decorate after another Dutch holiday on the 5th of December. Since a couple of years we're defiant and have started decorating the 1st weekend of December, this year probably even the last weekend of November.
    Hi, Elvira! Is the holiday St. Nicholas' Eve that you decorate after?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.