Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: most memorable Christmas album/tape from your childhood?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Most memorable for me would be Alvin and the Chipmunks, and John Denver and the Muppet's. I remember buying the Muppet one with my own money. Every so often they will still play the Muppet version of "12 Days of Christmas" on the radio.

JollyElfDC! You just listed two of my favorites... especially John Denver and the Muppets! Great stuff!
    I will also add Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas. It's my absolute favorite still to this day. It simply is not Christmas without "Skating".

mojean Guest
    Hello Everyone,
    I am trying to recall my late moms favorite Christmas Story, it would be played on the radio maybe once during the holidays. It was a little story about a boy named Hey You, that is all i can remember about the story. Any information would greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Mojean

I lucked up and found a GREAT Christmas CD at a used record/book store at lunch. Christmas Through The Years (Reader's Digest) was another 8-track that we listened to when I was growing up. Great memories!

And apparently, it's a little hard to find. I bought it for $4.95, and used copies on Amazon start at $35.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

We had a christmas cassette going up. It was an easy listening mix.

Aside from white christmas, have yourself a merry little Christmas, and santa baby (on of my fav's.), it was full of songs like christmas island and christmas alphabet....

Quote Originally Posted by Winterseve View Post
    We had a christmas cassette going up. It was an easy listening mix.

Aside from white christmas, have yourself a merry little Christmas, and santa baby (on of my fav's.), it was full of songs like christmas island and christmas alphabet....
    I remember Christmas Island and Christmas Alphabet! I believe they were on my grandparent's 8-track...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Hi oregongirl62!

Did you ever find that album you were looking for six years ago?

Actually...I need help remembering my favorite Christmas album as a kid in the mid 1960's! My parents had some wonderful Xmas albums...The Ray Conniff Singers, Nat King Cole, Big Crosby...and my favorite: it was an all-boys choir and they had a "guest" singer on some of the songs, a woman who sang opera. The cover was green, and there were 3 or 4 boys in winter clothes in the snow on the front, with one of the boys by himself on the back. I can see it as plain as if it were yesterday (I'm 52 now)...even google imaged "boys choir xmas albums of the 1960"...couldn't find it! Are my parents the ONLY ones who bought this album??? I hope one of you out there can help me...I'd really like to get the CD (if there is one)! Thanks!
    Did you try posting over on Chip Arcuri's Yule Log Forum? He's got an incredible collection of Christmas LPs and a near photographic memory of all the album jacket artwork. So I'd bet that if anyone can identify that album for you, Chip is the guy.
    Last edited by Clueless in Seattle; 10-29-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by oregongirl62 View Post
    ... my favorite: it was an all-boys choir and they had a "guest" singer on some of the songs, a woman who sang opera. The cover was green, and there were 3 or 4 boys in winter clothes in the snow on the front, with one of the boys by himself on the back. I can see it as plain as if it were yesterday (I'm 52 now)...even google imaged "boys choir xmas albums of the 1960"...couldn't find it! Are my parents the ONLY ones who bought this album??? I hope one of you out there can help me...I'd really like to get the CD (if there is one)! Thanks!
    This question from six years ago piqued my curiosity, so I checked with Chip Arcuri, a.k.a. the Christmas Music Guru, who runs the Yule Log Message Board. He has an incredible collection of Christmas Music LPs and a near photographic memory for album jacket artwork, so I figured, if anyone could answer this question, it would be Chip.

If you are wondering what he came up with, you can find his answer by clicking this link:

Can You Identify This LP?
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

Johnny Mathis -Merry Christmas on 8 Track Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    Johnny Mathis -Merry Christmas on 8 Track Tape
    Johnny Mathis 'Merry Christmas' was one of the few Christmas records we had growing up- I listened to that one a lot.

Do you still have the 8-track version?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.