Thread: What makes you love Christmas so much?

Hybrid View

I love Christmas first of all is because of the love that reminds us about Jesus. Second is the chance that we can spend more time together with our dear family and friends and third is that we can do more shopping during the season compared to other times of the year. Christmas is really an exciting time for all!

I've been thinking about this for the longest time, and I think the only answer I can give is that I love Christmass because it is an expression of love in its purest form. It may be expressed through shopping or cooking or a million other things, but to me it boils down to love. To borrow an overused phrase, it's something the world needs more of. There's a magic to it, for me, which transcends anything material. I'm not sure all this makes any sense, but it's the closest I can come to expressing it.
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa57 View Post
    I've been thinking about this for the longest time, and I think the only answer I can give is that I love Christmass because it is an expression of love in its purest form. It may be expressed through shopping or cooking or a million other things, but to me it boils down to love. To borrow an overused phrase, it's something the world needs more of. There's a magic to it, for me, which transcends anything material. I'm not sure all this makes any sense, but it's the closest I can come to expressing it.
    I think you've summed it up perfectly. Christianity is all about love, and the way we celebrate reflects that.
    I don't have any family in the area, and generally have other "orphans" over for an all out Christmas feast. A couple of years ago I had a friend (nicely) say I make too much food, and no one cares about the dessert fork. He was right, but I told him this is my way of showing how much I appreciate everyone. If you can't go overboard on Christmas, when can you?