Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What makes you love Christmas so much?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa57 View Post
    I've been thinking about this for the longest time, and I think the only answer I can give is that I love Christmass because it is an expression of love in its purest form. It may be expressed through shopping or cooking or a million other things, but to me it boils down to love. To borrow an overused phrase, it's something the world needs more of. There's a magic to it, for me, which transcends anything material. I'm not sure all this makes any sense, but it's the closest I can come to expressing it.
    I think you've summed it up perfectly. Christianity is all about love, and the way we celebrate reflects that.
    I don't have any family in the area, and generally have other "orphans" over for an all out Christmas feast. A couple of years ago I had a friend (nicely) say I make too much food, and no one cares about the dessert fork. He was right, but I told him this is my way of showing how much I appreciate everyone. If you can't go overboard on Christmas, when can you?

I love the feeling the Christmas spirit brings. Family/friends, baking and craft making. The warm cocoa and extra special hugs. Going out at night and looking at all the decorated houses and filling cards out with tons of holiday wishes. My family and I hold onto this feeling all year long. We bake Christmas cookies in June make our annual ornaments in April and May. Tons of holiday movies to watch in Sept./Oct.. and of course all the yard/rummage sales and bringing home little treasures. But most important it's a special kind of Love that you can feel and cherish all year long.

Hey everyone! 🤗

I have to admit it has been a long time since I was last on here! My love for Christmas will never subside though! I've just been reading though a lot of your threads and messages, I can't believe how many of us there are who have this deep love and feel for Christmas time! it's amazing and makes me happy to know there are people out there who share this love. I will hold my hands up and admit I have been listening to Xmas carols on/off for the past few weeks. Crazy as its still summer! It just brings me comfort and happiness. I get that warm glow in my stomach and I have even found an amazing video on you tube of various Xmas paintings with carols playing in the background. It's perfect! The pictures mostly consist of houses lit up and snow of the ground outside. People walking around outside playing in the snow or walking to the church. That instant feeling of I want to be in that picture and feel that warmth of being inside! A fireplace, tree all lit up, hot cocoa and mince pies, snuggled up on the sofa with loved ones, all cosy. While it's snowing and cold outside.. I will put the link up so u can all enjoy it too!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZLqzxxxnDc

Hello all, my first post ever. I have just read the Christmas Eve tradition thread from start to finish.

I am a Christmas nut, its good to meet some like minded folk. What I love about Christmas so much is catching up with friends and family. I emigrated about 9 years ago and have been home all but one Christmas. I love arriving in at the airport at home, walking out into arrivals to see all the Christmas sweaters and antlers.

wonderful memories from childhood

Dad used to work away from home when I was little but at christmas he would always have at least a week off around Christmas that was a week with my dad, he still works a lot now but not away from home but it's still time that I deffiniteley get to spend with him. I love being around my family in general but my dads time is special to me because he used to work away and only be home for weekends.
    I like the food, my mum is an AMAZING cook and at Christmas she always does a buffet with all her best dishes and my parents me my OH my brother and his OH all get together for a game night and it's so much fun we don't do it any other time of year.
    I like the lights and how pretty and cosy the house looks all decorated.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    I love the feeling the Christmas spirit brings. Family/friends, baking and craft making. The warm cocoa and extra special hugs. Going out at night and looking at all the decorated houses and filling cards out with tons of holiday wishes. My family and I hold onto this feeling all year long. We bake Christmas cookies in June make our annual ornaments in April and May. Tons of holiday movies to watch in Sept./Oct.. and of course all the yard/rummage sales and bringing home little treasures. But most important it's a special kind of Love that you can feel and cherish all year long.

I like that. And you out in one of the hottest states...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by grottogirl84 View Post
    Hey everyone! 珞

I have to admit it has been a long time since I was last on here! My love for Christmas will never subside though! I've just been reading though a lot of your threads and messages, I can't believe how many of us there are who have this deep love and feel for Christmas time! it's amazing and makes me happy to know there are people out there who share this love. I will hold my hands up and admit I have been listening to Xmas carols on/off for the past few weeks. Crazy as its still summer! It just brings me comfort and happiness. I get that warm glow in my stomach and I have even found an amazing video on you tube of various Xmas paintings with carols playing in the background. It's perfect! The pictures mostly consist of houses lit up and snow of the ground outside. People walking around outside playing in the snow or walking to the church. That instant feeling of I want to be in that picture and feel that warmth of being inside! A fireplace, tree all lit up, hot cocoa and mince pies, snuggled up on the sofa with loved ones, all cosy. While it's snowing and cold outside.. I will put the link up so u can all enjoy it too!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZLqzxxxnDc

Ahhh...how nice.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
    Hello all, my first post ever. I have just read the Christmas Eve tradition thread from start to finish.

I am a Christmas nut, its good to meet some like minded folk. What I love about Christmas so much is catching up with friends and family. I emigrated about 9 years ago and have been home all but one Christmas. I love arriving in at the airport at home, walking out into arrivals to see all the Christmas sweaters and antlers.

That sounds great.

I'm bumping with my original answer

A Christmas hug should last a lifetime