Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2014

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Lookin' grand!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

How nice to have the skill, patience and ambition to do all that. It must be so comforting to sit in that room. Does your family appreciate it as much as you do?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    How nice to have the skill, patience and ambition to do all that. It must be so comforting to sit in that room. Does your family appreciate it as much as you do?
    My two Grandsons do.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Well the train tree is done for now, don't know if I'll add to it or not.
    Since this new tree is smaller I took the opportunity to weed out some of the crappy fill in ornaments I had.Not sure if I'll do the icicle thing this year or not.
    We buy a lot of Hallmark ornaments every year and they always have a few train ornaments.
    I can't remember what's new this year we put them in layaway back in August and I need to go pick them up before I start on the tree in the study.
    With new acquisitions every year it will eventually be as full as the other trees.

My old Tree Topper plugged into the tree lights but I cant use it with these L.E.D lights.
    Tried to find a train topper but no luck so I made my own with a Kurt Adler glass ornament.

Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Here are a couple of night shots.

I love these new tress with the multi-function lights.With the L.E.D lights they use less wattage than the light bulb in your refrigerator .
    Papa_Christmas

That's a great tree and layout, Papa! Beautiful!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Papa it is so pretty thank you for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    Papa it is so pretty thank you for sharing with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    That's a great tree and layout, Papa! Beautiful!
    Thanks wstaple and Angelpugs
    Papa_Christmas

Very pretty, Papa C! I love the thought of the multi function lights, too, and wish I hadn't needed to send the one I had just purchased back, but the clear LED lights were so blinding, I couldn't bear to look at them. The new tree I got came today and I will start setting it up tomorrow. It isn't multi-functional, but has clear LED lights that are supposed to be like candlelight. We shall see. I am so hoping I will like them. I really wish they had put these candlelight type clear LEDs on the multifunctioning lights trees

Beautiful job Papa! I also purchase many Hallmark ornaments. Would love to know how much they are worth - sticker price alone. I have one ornament from 1980 - first in the Frosty and Friends series - that is worth over $500 now!
    Love the train topper. I have been known to make things when I can't find what I want - sometimes successfully, sometimes not! Love your whole train set up
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas