Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2014

Love it. Is that your setup? this year? How many ornaments do you think are on that tree?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I love Christmas ,I love trains and I love Rock n Roll here's a bit of all three.The North pole village trains accompanied by TSO's " A Mad Russian's Christmas "

I've always loved trains, especially at Christmas. I had amassed quite a bit of n-scale trains and equipment a few years ago, and had a decent layout of a small town. About 5 years ago I had to sell it all to fund my DSLR and lenses. However, I've got an old train set that my father got for Christmas back in 1951 when he was 9 years old. It's a Marklin set that needs a new transformer and possible work on the locomotive. I usually set it up under the tree in our bonus room, even though it no longer runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Love it. Is that your setup? this year? How many ornaments do you think are on that tree?
    Last year ,probably 400+ glass ornaments
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My husband has a very old train set as well - late 1940's(?). The last time he set it up was probably 10 years go at Christmas. Miss it. We just don't have the room for it.

My new tree for my train layout arrived this week.

Last years tree sat on top of a section of the layout that is now my freight yard.

You can see the hole that the trunk went through in this picture.

No room for a tree there now.

Made a new stand and mounted it to the underside of the layout.

The new tree is only a 5 footer so I have plenty of room for low hanging ornaments to be above the moving trains.

The tree has 7 function LED lights.

Multicolored

Pastel

White

It also has fading and twinkling functions.

I may start decorating it this weekend because I'm leaving for a week long fishing trip next weekend and I would like to be done with the decorations by the end of November.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

oh papa it's so beautiful thank you for sharing can't wait to decorate almost november i'm done by thanksgiving.

Dave, I can not believe in my eyes, friend!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Fantastic Dave!

This is nothing short of incredible! Love it!

It is going to be amazing Papa Dave