Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who has started their 2014 Christmas shopping?

I actually started in late July this year. I have a system that I try to go by each year to ensure that I am not overwhelming myself but still able to get my family nice gifts. One of the things that I do is go the day after Christmas and grab some of the things that they marked down at Walmart, like the little gift sets, that I usually use for office gifts. Then I figure out my expenses and what I have to spend out of each paycheck for the holidays, while still having money left for myself. I buy the stuff I am going to purchase on-line first and then head to the stores after all online shopping has been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by THANKGOODNESSIMFABULOUS View Post
    I actually started in late July this year. I have a system that I try to go by each year to ensure that I am not overwhelming myself but still able to get my family nice gifts. One of the things that I do is go the day after Christmas and grab some of the things that they marked down at Walmart, like the little gift sets, that I usually use for office gifts. Then I figure out my expenses and what I have to spend out of each paycheck for the holidays, while still having money left for myself. I buy the stuff I am going to purchase on-line first and then head to the stores after all online shopping has been completed.
    I do basically the same thing. It is so much easier to spread out the expense and to plan who gets what early on. I always start shopping in the summer as well.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

14 gifts bought and wrapped - 11 more to go (I mis-counted last time) lol

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I picked up a couple of things that aren't really Christmas gifts, just some fun things for some friends with children. Advent calenders are starting to show up in stores, so I picked up some. I also picked up a Ninjabread cookie kit for a friend of mine who has 5 boys. It's a gingerbread cookie mix that comes with Ninja cookie cutters and decorations.

I do my best to listen to the little hints that I think my family is giving me through out the year, some they get for their birthdays the rest I try to save for Christmas. I have yet to start wrapping any gifts though, for some reason when I start my wrapping early they never look as nice once they go under the tree. Plus, I have to adult children who are still in the habit of shaking things. So this year I have made every effort to hid any gifts that could be there's. But now my closet in my bedroom is overflowing with boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by THANKGOODNESSIMFABULOUS View Post
    I do my best to listen to the little hints that I think my family is giving me through out the year, some they get for their birthdays the rest I try to save for Christmas. I have yet to start wrapping any gifts though, for some reason when I start my wrapping early they never look as nice once they go under the tree. Plus, I have to adult children who are still in the habit of shaking things. So this year I have made every effort to hid any gifts that could be there's. But now my closet in my bedroom is overflowing with boxes.
    I wrap the gifts so that no one can accidentally come across them (even though both of my girls are also adults) and put on the tags -BUT I don't put the ribbons or bows on until it's almost Christmas. This way the gifts look neat and crisp!

17 Gifts purchased and wrapped. I re-worked my list, so now I only have 5 more to get - actually 2 or them are cash gifts, 1 is a gift card, 1 I'm ordering online tomorrow, and the last I need to purchase. The end is in sight!

I think I'm done shopping. I'd better be --- I maxed my credit card.

19 gifts are purchased and wrapped - but I need to unwrap one and return it as it is a set of sheets in Full size, and I needed Queen size! lol One gift is on order. I still need to buy 1 gift card, set aside a money gift, and buy stuffers!

I bought loads of handmade ornaments and a tree stand to give to my granddaughter. I hope she likes them.