Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A shortage of Christmas Specials and TV

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    YES! I have a 5 and 7 year old. Our rule is that they cannot watch the Christmas DVDs until mommy or I tell them it's okay. Up to this point, we ususally break out The Great Pumpkin around the end of September. Then, after that's been out for a handful of weeks, I introduce Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown. We roll with those 2 until early November. Then I will start asking them which cartoons/movies they'd like to get out to start getting excited for Christmas. I usually have the whole bin out by the 2nd week of November. I am very careful not to overload them because of my own memories. When I was a kid, we only got to see those specials ONCE...when they aired. The anticipation both killed and thrilled us!! I see that in my boys. I absolutely believe they can become desensitized, and I want them to feel the magic of the season in all of it's glory as much as possible. I will say this...so far it has worked for us. They are already watching the calendar for The Great Pumpkin!!!

EDIT: oh, and I also have another rule...Once Halloween is over, The Great Pumpkin gets packed away until next year! As far as Christmas stuff, I let that roll until we take down all the decorations.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    My first comment in this thread was directed more toward "Christmas episodes" of television shows. That is what I thought the OP was about. We always see the full compliment of cartoon specials. I miss the episodes of popular shows that were written with a Christmas theme in mind.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!