Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many guests do you have for Thanksgiving dinner

How many guests do you have for Thanksgiving dinner

Well I just found out that I am having two more guests than I originally planned for. There will be the 4 of us. my sister-in-law, her son Jake and her stepson Ben, my Mother-in-law Mickey and her friend Pat, My brother-in-law and sister-in-law Frank and Linda, my niece Christine and my nephew Joseph. Joseph is in the army and he is now bringing home two army buddies - Chad and Jake- who have no where else to go! When my husband hears there will be two additional young men he says - Dear God - you better triple up on the food!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-19-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: sp
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, I don't cook Thanksgiving dinner and my table seats only four comfortably.

I guess 8 this year. The 4 of us and my daughter's boyfriend and his family. It's a quiet year for us!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

For the first time in recent memory it will just be my wife,daughter and myself, and of course our little Zelda.

My son and his family as well as my sister-in law and her family have all gone to Ohio.
    Then on Friday my wife and daughter are flying to Ohio.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    For the first time in recent memory it will just be my wife,daughter and myself, and of course our little Zelda.

My son and his family as well as my sister-in law and her family have all gone to Ohio.
    Then on Friday my wife and daughter are flying to Ohio.
    Same here, Papa. For the first time EVER, it's just my wife, youngest daughter and myself. Our oldest daughter is with her husband's family this year. My wife's parents went on a 2-week cruise and won't be back until Saturday evening. On Friday, we'll go to my sister's house in Huntsville, AL and celebrate Thanksgiving with them. My parents are driving down to Huntsville to be with us all.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    Same here, Papa. For the first time EVER, it's just my wife, youngest daughter and myself. Our oldest daughter is with her husband's family this year. My wife's parents went on a 2-week cruise and won't be back until Saturday evening. On Friday, we'll go to my sister's house in Huntsville, AL and celebrate Thanksgiving with them. My parents are driving down to Huntsville to be with us all.
    I spent 2 years in Huntsville in the Army. I LOVE that town!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We are hosting a total of 9 people. It's only my wife's 2nd time preparing, so it's good that it's not too large.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I spent 2 years in Huntsville in the Army. I LOVE that town!!
    Thank you for your service, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well I just found out that I am having two more guests than I originally planned for. There will be the 4 of us. my sister-in-law, her son Jake and her stepson Ben, my Mother-in-law Mickey and her friend Pat, My brother-in-law and sister-in-law Frank and Linda, my niece Christine and my nephew Joseph. Joseph is in the army and he is now bringing home two army buddies - Chad and Jake- who have no where else to go! When my husband hears there will be two additional young men he says - Dear God - you better triple up on the food!

I'm thankful for our servicemen!

(Just so's you'll know!)