Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many guests do you have for Thanksgiving dinner

We alternate every year - stay home and have Thanksgiving with my wife's family one year, travel to my parents' house for Thanksgiving the next year. This year we'll be traveling to East Tennessee to be with my family. We had a white Thanksgiving up there 2 years ago!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

My younger daughter just reminded me that she and 4 of her girl friends are leaving on a trip on Thanksgiving Day - so - it really will be different this year!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Usually we have 6-7 guest for thanksgiving dinner...
    http://www.yankee-candles.co.uk/

This will be the Third year that I host Thanksgiving Dinner at our place (ever since my daughter was born).

Our thanksgiving is just a few weeks away (October 11th here in Canada) - so we already ordered a special treat! a TURDUCKEN to feed the 10 People that will be here! Can't wait!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    This will be the Third year that I host Thanksgiving Dinner at our place (ever since my daughter was born).

Our thanksgiving is just a few weeks away (October 11th here in Canada) - so we already ordered a special treat! a TURDUCKEN to feed the 10 People that will be here! Can't wait!
    Awesome!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post

How did it go, Chantelle? Was the TURDUCKEN good?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    My younger daughter just reminded me that she and 4 of her girl friends are leaving on a trip on Thanksgiving Day - so - it really will be different this year!
    She's crazy! I would never miss out on that food (or camaraderie)!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    She's crazy! I would never miss out on that food (or camaraderie)!
    I agree! But it is the 21st birthdays of 2 of her best friends and the trip to Vegas seems to be the thing this year. My daughter went there for her 21st in February with friends and they had a blast!

Okay - well I have decided that my husband, daughter and I will eat dinner out for Thanksgiving. The closing on our house is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 1st - so my house will be mostly all packed up and I assume we will be very busy. I have never eaten out for Thanksgiving. We may ask my Mother-in-law and her friend to join us.
    I really hope the closing happens then, so I have a chance of being settled somewhere for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Okay - well I have decided that my husband, daughter and I will eat dinner out for Thanksgiving. The closing on our house is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 1st - so my house will be mostly all packed up and I assume we will be very busy. I have never eaten out for Thanksgiving. We may ask my Mother-in-law and her friend to join us.
    I really hope the closing happens then, so I have a chance of being settled somewhere for Christmas!

That sounds so depressing (unless you're looking forward to it?)! Is there no other family you could spend it with? Friends? Relatives?