Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many guests do you have for Thanksgiving dinner

We did our first thanksgiving last year. I'd say we had about 12 people which wasn't too many but was still hectic in our small place. My husband made a turkey with a pesto glaze and bacon wrapped around it. It was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    That sounds so depressing (unless you're looking forward to it?)! Is there no other family you could spend it with? Friends? Relatives?
    We could drive up to my family in the Syracuse NY area, but that is 4+ hours away. My daughter is starting a new job that week,so she won't have Friday off and it is likely to be very hectic here with all the packing - that we can't afford to be away from home for that long. My husband's family is local, but none of them cook! My mother-in-law is elderly, two sisters-in-law always alternate between us and going to their families' homes, and the last sister-in-law never leaves her home for any holidays - she just has her very elderly Dad over for dinner (he's 94 and can't travel far). We may end up cooking at home as my daughter doesn't want to eat out and says she will cook. If this is the case, it will be the 3 of us and maybe my mother-in-law and her friend.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Okay - so we are cooking at home - one last time! There will just be the 5 of us, so I am using all disposables. No time for clean-up with all the packing!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Okay - so we are cooking at home - one last time! There will just be the 5 of us, so I am using all disposables. No time for clean-up with all the packing!
    How did it go?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.