Thread: Christmas TV adverts

:gift: Christmas TV adverts

What are some of your favourite Christmas TV adverts? They always seem to put a lot of effort into them at this time of year. My personal favourites are the Coca-Cola trucks advert, which have barely changed since the 1990s, and in this country, there's a department store chain called John Lewis which in recent years has made an exception effort every year in creating their Christmas adverts. This is theirs from this year, titled 'The Bear & The Hare':

What are your favourites?

nothing comes to mind from any recent years right now but, one of my favorites from when I was growing up in the '60's was for an electric shaver by Norelco. from what I can remember, it seems maybe there was a snowman or something that it sort of glided over the hills of snow and then it said "Noelco" instead of Norelco. It was exciting to see it because it meant that Christmas was very close. oh, and I just remembered another one was the Hershey's kisses where each one would ring like a bell. They did that one for years and had variations on it, but the first one was the best. Simple, but still very Christmassy.

I like that one to as I also love the Budweiser horses one and the ole time favorite the coco-cola trucks I still watch them on youtube they all meant that something special.

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    What are some of your favourite Christmas TV adverts? They always seem to put a lot of effort into them at this time of year. My personal favourites are the Coca-Cola trucks advert, which have barely changed since the 1990s, and in this country, there's a department store chain called John Lewis which in recent years has made an exception effort every year in creating their Christmas adverts. This is theirs from this year, titled 'The Bear & The Hare':

What are your favourites?
    thats exactly the christmas advert i wanted to share!! I was so touched, when I first saw it..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I agree. I think this beats the ones that they've done in the past by far!

I love the Campbell's soup one where the kid comes in as the snowman, then thaws out. Also any of the coca-cola ads with the polar bears.

There's a Pepsi ad which ran for several years that has to be among the best. A little kid, a stuffed bunny and a bunch of the "gimmicky" toys. Some of you may remember it. I absolutely love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxdYKlgiuZU

BTW, I remember that Norelco ad. It was another winner, along with the Hershey's Kisses ad (which was still airing last year).

The advertisements from Radio City Music Hall advertising their "Christmas Show" are extremely beautiful and festive. They've been running this year, for the last 2 weeks or so. The actually show runs from early November until sometime in January. I've seen it 3 times and LOVE it!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas