Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Garland

Hybrid View

:tree: Christmas Garland

The most common garland is probably tinsel garland:

We used to make paper chains at school and they seem to be rising in popularity:

Some people want to be more creative:

I like beaded garland(these are two of my trees):

One year I did this:

And this is what I call tinsel:

I have never cared much for the tinsel garland; at least not on a tree. I prefer beads (I use clear/opaque ones) and/or tinsel. and I still use bows, usually winter white. I used to use all red bows, and way back when, I used alternating red and pink/white checkered bows, but no beads. also back then, we made popcorn garland, 3 strings, for garland

Merry, I always love your trees and decorations. you are so creative.
    Last edited by steph535; 11-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I have never cared much for the tinsel garland; at least not on a tree. I prefer beads (I use clear/opaque ones) and/or tinsel. and I still use bows, usually winter white. I used to use all red bows, and way back when, I used alternating red and pink/white checkered bows, but no beads. also back then, we made popcorn garland, 3 strings, for garland

Merry, I always love your trees and decorations. you are so creative.
    Thanks, now that I don't have my seven-foot tree, I don't seem to have any good ideas.

I usually have the tinsel for the tree and when i was little we would have paper chains around the room. It would be our first sign to put decorations up when my Dad would walk in and put them in front of me and my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    I usually have the tinsel for the tree and when i was little we would have paper chains around the room. It would be our first sign to put decorations up when my Dad would walk in and put them in front of me and my brother
    When you say "tinsel" in the UK, does it mean the stuff in my first photo?

One year, when our dog was a puppy actually, I had made a garland with pop corn, it was really impressing!!
    Unfortunately, when we went to sleep, my dog ate the popcorn...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    One year, when our dog was a puppy actually, I had made a garland with pop corn, it was really impressing!!
    Unfortunately, when we went to sleep, my dog ate the popcorn...

LOL...my oldest daughter put gingerbread cookies on her tree and her dog ate them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    LOL...my oldest daughter put gingerbread cookies on her tree and her dog ate them!!!
    hahaha, I would so much like to see what our dog were doing while we're not home, or sleeping..
    Remember when my dog (puppy, only 3 months old) had eaten most of my nativity scene, under the tree?? I had found him in the morning sleeping in the nativity scene, exhausted, with half of Jesus on his mouth..
    Last edited by olga; 11-11-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

very pretty I use garland on my trees around the house on the outside of course with lights can't use tinsel with the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    hahaha, i would so much like to see what our dog were doing while we're not home, or sleeping..
    Remember when my dog (puppy, only 3 months old) had eaten most of my nativity scene, under the tree?? I had found him in the morning sleeping in the nativity scene, exhausted, with half of jesus on his mouth..
    lolol!!!!!