Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting big cities at Christmas time

:tree: Visiting big cities at Christmas time

Is there anyone else here who loves visiting cities at Christmas time? I live a short train journey from London, so I always go into the city just before Christmas every year to soak up the festive atmosphere! There are some absolutely amazing lights in London, as well as the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, a massive Christmas-themed fairground. Since the London Eye is always open until dark, it's something I do every year. The city looks just incredible all lit up from 135 metres in the air!

From photos I've seen, New York and Paris also look incredible, I'd love to visit these cities during a Christmas time.

Here are some photos from London at Christmas in previous years:
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    Oxford-Street.jpg
    Hyde_Park_Winter_Wonderland.jpg
    TrafalgarSqtree.jpg
    nathist.jpg

great pics, HolidaySeason. I love the skating one.

Beautiful photos. Love to go into New York City at Christmas time. I worked in the City for several years and it was always especially festive in December. My office was right across the street from Rockefeller Center and the huge Christmas tree. My Uncle Vito worked across the street from me and his office actually overlooked the tree. He would have a big office party every year at the lighting ceremony
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I was watching something about the Rockefeller Christmas tree just yesterday, about the family who were donating the tree. I didn't realise the tree just came from someone's front yard, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Beautiful photos. Love to go into New York City at Christmas time. I worked in the City for several years and it was always especially festive in December. My office was right across the street from Rockefeller Center and the huge Christmas tree. My Uncle Vito worked across the street from me and his office actually overlooked the tree. He would have a big office party every year at the lighting ceremony
    Ahh. As most everyone on the board knows, the last THREE YEARS I was able to visit NYC at Christmas time, and see the FAMOUS Rockefeller Tree. This year, however, with the baby, we're not going. We are going to Mexico for 10-days at the Start of December (couldn't be less christmassy trip, but I will enjoy the sun & beaches just the same!)

Toronto has TWO impressive trees. One, is at City Hall, and the other is in our Historic Distillery district - both are up now, but won't be decorated & lit until later in the month.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

^Well, Mexico is a mainly Christian country, it will probably be interesting to see how they celebrate it over there!

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    I was watching something about the Rockefeller Christmas tree just yesterday, about the family who were donating the tree. I didn't realise the tree just came from someone's front yard, lol!
    Yes - I think those who sponsor the tree have their eyes on many trees within the tri-state area (NY, NJ, and Connecticut). Then they seek donations
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

didn't the Rockefeller tree come from Colorado last year or the year before?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    didn't the Rockefeller tree come from Colorado last year or the year before?
    I think they try to get it from a variety of places.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I think they try to get it from a variety of places.
    I was just wondering because OM had said the sponsors look for them in the tri-state area.