Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here decorating for Thanksgiving?

Anyone here decorating for Thanksgiving?

Living in England, I've never celebrated nor known in person anyone who celebrates this holiday, so I'm quite intrigued by it. From what I've seen online, most people seem to decorate with pumpkins and other Autumnal items. Is there anyone here from the US who decorates for Thanksgiving? If so, please share with us how you've decorated!

Yes - I decorate, but it's usually minimal. You're right about pumpkins and autumnal colors. I use a lot of scare crows, pilgrims and turkeys
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Does anyone recognize what collection or company these are from? I can't seem to find them anywhere... I always see the ones with the big feet.

The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Don't recognize this Mistletoe. Very pretty though

For me about a week or so before thanksgiving my home is all done for christmas as it's a family tradition so my house is like santa land lol.

Just put up a few Thanksgiving decorations today!

You can buy some decorations at amazon. I like to put out cornucopias, leaves and turkeys.

Pilgrim statues, squash, a couple wooden turkeys

I have an inflatable turkey for the yard that goes up the day after Halloween, along with a couple of "happy" scarecrows. There is a Thanksgiving greeting on the door and inside there are a few autumn leaf garlands, a few pumpkins, a plush turkey with the words "Gobble till you wobble" and a set of Disney Fab 5 dressed in various pilgrim or native American dress. This of course will all come down the day after Thanksgiving for the huge task of Christmas decorating...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I have an inflatable turkey for the yard that goes up the day after Halloween, along with a couple of "happy" scarecrows. There is a Thanksgiving greeting on the door and inside there are a few autumn leaf garlands, a few pumpkins, a plush turkey with the words "Gobble till you wobble" and a set of Disney Fab 5 dressed in various pilgrim or native American dress. This of course will all come down the day after Thanksgiving for the huge task of Christmas decorating...
    You seem to follow my decorating schedule to a tee! I have similar Thanksgiving decorations although no inflatable turkey!