Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me...

I only decorate a 2ft bare white tree for Easter (with small wooden crosses and Easter ornaments-great minds think alike lizziesnow!) not a Christmas-type tree for any of the other holidays.

Red lights for Valentine's day sounds nice. I don't put up any outdoor decorations for it, but I decorate a bit around the house (mainly with red candles, random ruby glass objects that I have and some red foil hearts). We mainly decorate the kitchen the night before, so we can wake up to it. Red heart mylar balloons, red roses, white roses, cards/poems, toothpicks with shiny red hearts on the top and sweets for those who want them (heart candy with sayings on them, red velvet cake shaped like a giant heart). I have the roses sitting on red foil doilies. I also put more red foil hearts up in the kitchen- I like the immersion feeling.

I am not a football fan, so I only watch the Super Bowl if my father's favorite team (NY Giants) are in it, and then we'll usually all join him in watching it, making a party of it. Do you have/go to parties for it Bishop?

I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a snow blower, but don't have one. Is there anyone who actually prefers shoveling?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a snow blower, but don't have one. Is there anyone who actually prefers shoveling?
    Yep, I do, but it is a male ego thing... lol

Excuse me, but does anyone to (or cook) anything special for St. Patrick's Day? (I once covered the front windows in green cellophane so that the morning sun gave a green glow to the living room)...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I used to decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but don't really celebrate it any longer. It was too centered around heavy drinking and I didn't like the associations anymore.

I tried a St. Pat's parade in our capital city one year and it was a disappointment- pretty much just an advertising thing with hardly any creativity or decoration. You wouldn't really know what holiday it was for to look at the actual parade- except for the bagpipers (it was the same for our town's 'candlelit' Christmas parade- very disappointing).

Not a fan of traditional Irish food, but we still have reubens every year. Mmm. My mother makes them soaked in butter.

And I'm also not a big fan of Irish music. lol You wouldn't know that I'm Irish.

I do wear green on the 17th, though.

The green cellophane sounds lovely- I love color saturation. I never thought to put it in a window,
    We use colored cellophane to wrap all the Easter baskets, and on Easter morning all the different colors on the kitchen table look like jewels with the sun hitting them.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I also back up from the drinking, but still believe in the man used by God to bring Christianity to Ireland and drove out the snakes (and I love Darby O'Gill & the Little People...lol)... :shamrock:

Excuse me, but does anyone still find themselves eating Christmas candy by the time Valentines Day arrives?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I own Darby O'Gill!

Are you kidding, when I used to ask for Christmas candy it rarely made it through Christmas Day. My father, on the other hand, just about is finishing his when Easter rolls around.

Sounds about right there Mistletoe and I own Darby as well...

Excuse me, but does anyone buy and then go through the first batch of Easter candy long before the baskets are filled?

Excuse me, but does anyone own any 4th of July animated specials?

I do not think I've ever seen one. The closest I know of is a collection of Peanuts cartoons called "This is America Charlie Brown"...

Excuse me, but who has their CIJ cards all ready for sending?

oh yes!! I'm ready.

Excuse me but I just added 3 more pieces to my Hallmark 2010 Snowmen band for $10.. I love OfferUp
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Nice deal!!!

Excuse me, but have you ever "bought" or made a CIJ decoration?