Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I suppose at that age it would seem a very nice treat. Great memory...

Excuse me, but has anyone ever actually prayed for a White Christmas? And then had it happen? I did, this year...
    I start praying for a white Christmas in September every year. I like to give Him enough time to arrange it. There's only been snow on the ground at Christmas about 2 times. The people praying for the warmth apparently have more pull than me!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I start praying for a white Christmas in September every year. I like to give Him enough time to arrange it. There's only been snow on the ground at Christmas about 2 times. The people praying for the warmth apparently have more pull than me!
    I guess the other side of the coin had not occurred to me...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Excuse me, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy Candlemas Eve. Tomorrow (Candlemas) was when the last farewells were said to the Christmas season in olden times.

Down with the rosemary and bayes,
    Down with the mistletoe;
    Instead of holly, now up-raise
    The greener box (for show).
    The holly hitherto did sway;
    Let box now domineer,
    Until the dancing Easter-Day
    Or Easter's Eve appear.
    ...Thus times do shift; each thing his turn does hold;
    New things succeed, as former things grow old.
    -Robert Herrick- verses from Ceremonies For Candlemas Eve

And soon Christmas will be new again!
    Last edited by Mistletoe; 02-02-2021 at 03:10 AM.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I was not aware of that tradition, thanks for sharing it...

Excuse me, but how many decorate a tree during the year for more than just Christmas?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Excuse me, hope all is well with everyone. Since Valentines day will soon arrive Im just wondering if you decorate, or what you would put up? In the past I have notice some put on red lights on the porch or windows...I would put a heart wreath on my front door and maybe have grandkids make hearts to put up...

I have not decorated for Valentine's Day thus far. I do for St. Patrick's Day (no, I'm not Irish, I just love the concept), the 4th of July, Halloween (outside), Thanksgiving and of course Christmas...

My bad, forgot to leave one...

Excuse me, but do any of you actually throw or go to a SuperBowl Party?

We actually stay home for Superbowl and invite the kids over. We make a table filled with snacks and food.

I was actually thinking this Easter of decorating a little tree, about 2ft tall. Ive got tiny
    Easter decorations for it and tiney sets of lights. Was thinking of placing grandkids baskets around it for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    I was actually thinking this Easter of decorating a little tree, about 2ft tall. Ive got tiny
    Easter decorations for it and tiney sets of lights. Was thinking of placing grandkids baskets around it for fun..
    Sounds verey nice. No youngun's around here any more... lol.

Excuse me, but do you prefer to shovel snow or use a snow blower?