Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me...

Excuse me,i lived up in the adirondacks up in the mountians on an old logging road,i love living in the mountians.

Excuse me, Bishop, I had your holiday tree question in my head and happened to see this- it looked nice and full and harvest-like. I can see the attraction, especially with little pumpkins tucked in there.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I only do Easter. Do you do any others?
    Actually yes. I do St Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, the 4th of July as well as Easter...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

oh that's so pretty. I love the ideas but I don't really celebrate any other holidays like I do Christmas/Halloween.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Actually yes. I do St Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, the 4th of July as well as Easter...
    Other than Easter, I haven't really seen trees for the other holidays you mention. Do you do table top trees or bigger trees? And I'm surprised you don't do a Halloween one, since you decorate outside for it, right?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    oh that's so pretty. I love the ideas but I don't really celebrate any other holidays like I do Christmas/Halloween.
    For some reason I didn't think you decorated for Halloween. Fall and Christmas are my 2 biggest decorating times, but I don't think I'm up to doing a fall tree either! But it does look nice.

For some reason I didn't think you decorated for Halloween. Fall and Christmas are my 2 biggest decorating times, but I don't think I'm up to doing a fall tree either! But it does look nice.
    Yes. I do decorate for Halloween but I don't go crazy like I do for Christmas. It's also mostly on the inside of our home.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Other than Easter, I haven't really seen trees for the other holidays you mention. Do you do table top trees or bigger trees? And I'm surprised you don't do a Halloween one, since you decorate outside for it, right?
    I use a 6' tree that I keep up all year. I change the lights, garland and ornaments. For some reason I am at a loss to explain, for me, Halloween is all outside.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I use a 6' tree that I keep up all year. I change the lights, garland and ornaments. For some reason I am at a loss to explain, for me, Halloween is all outside.
    That's interesting. Is it because you really don't care for Halloween, but you're making it fun for the kids?

That's interesting. Is it because you really don't care for Halloween, but you're making it fun for the kids?
    I do like it, but the yard is more for the kids and a lot less frightening place. I also put out an inflatable turkey at Thanksgiving (and a couple of smiling scarecrows) and do some light decorating outside for the 4th (including an inflatable Uncle Sam)...