Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me...

Excuse me...but I need to work on my Christmas crads
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Excuse me, but it took me 5 hours to put up my outdoor lights yesterday. And about 4 trips back and forth to the store to keep getting more. I cannot understand how I am the only person I know who has a very frequent problem with half a strand of lights going out, depending on how the wire bends!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Excuse me, Mistletoe, but you're not the only one with frequent light issues. While getting my outdoor lights out on Saturday, I had to throw away 2 strands of lights for the very same reason. Thankfully, Home Depot had their 100-light sets on sale for $1.88, so I bought 5 sets and used them all!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Excuse me, but it took me 5 hours to put up my outdoor lights yesterday. And about 4 trips back and forth to the store to keep getting more. I cannot understand how I am the only person I know who has a very frequent problem with half a strand of lights going out, depending on how the wire bends!
    Excuse me... but I always lose half a strand of lights - I hate that. One year I lost a whole strand on Christmas Eve - just before all my guests arrived!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-25-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    Excuse me, Mistletoe, but you're not the only one with frequent light issues. While getting my outdoor lights out on Saturday, I had to throw away 2 strands of lights for the very same reason. Thankfully, Home Depot had their 100-light sets on sale for $1.88, so I bought 5 sets and used them all!
    Excuse me... but thank God the lights are cheap! I really want to switch to LED to save on energy costs - but with the regular lights so cheap, it's hard to make that commitment!

Thumbs down

Excuse me, but I am definitely missing something here. I paid over $200 for the lights I just bought (from Target)!

When I took the lights down last winter I threw out all the strands that were half out- I didn't want to take the chance they'd move again and I wouldn't be able to tell that those were faulty strands. When I brought up the lights this year 75% were bad, just from sitting in storage. Instead of trying to replace the bad ones, I decided to just start fresh with all new "heavy duty" strands, since I knew the problem was the wire and not the bulbs. I bought 7 reels of 400 lights each and decided to get a box of 100, in case I needed just a little extra somewhere. Well, I got all the reels on there and was starting to put the boxed ones up when the boxed strand kept going on and off, depending on how the wire bent. So, APPARENTLY, "heavy duty" mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My only hope is that the strands that were on the reels are in better shape from not being kinked. The lights that are up look nice, but as I know, a good wind can upset the wires and they can shut off at the most inopportune times!

I wish it wasn't so, but I'm glad that you two share in my misery. lol
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Excuse me mistletoe...but happy to share in your misery!!! I set up my outside lights today and ended up throwing out several strands that I know were fine when I boxed them up last year. Anyway, since we took down several large shrubs this year, I had to rethink my traditional design. I ended up putting up far fewer lights than in the past. I was in a rush to get them up today, with the snow storm coming tomorrow morning. At least I should save on energy costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Excuse me, but I am definitely missing something here. I paid over $200 for the lights I just bought (from Target)!

When I took the lights down last winter I threw out all the strands that were half out- I didn't want to take the chance they'd move again and I wouldn't be able to tell that those were faulty strands. When I brought up the lights this year 75% were bad, just from sitting in storage. Instead of trying to replace the bad ones, I decided to just start fresh with all new "heavy duty" strands, since I knew the problem was the wire and not the bulbs. I bought 7 reels of 400 lights each and decided to get a box of 100, in case I needed just a little extra somewhere. Well, I got all the reels on there and was starting to put the boxed ones up when the boxed strand kept going on and off, depending on how the wire bent. So, APPARENTLY, "heavy duty" mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My only hope is that the strands that were on the reels are in better shape from not being kinked. The lights that are up look nice, but as I know, a good wind can upset the wires and they can shut off at the most inopportune times!

I wish it wasn't so, but I'm glad that you two share in my misery. lol
    Hi. do you bring your lights from where ever they are stored and turn them on straight away? If so that might be the reason they blow.
    We always bring ours in about 2-3 weeks before so they can climatise to the room temp, just a thought..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Excuse me want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving,need to get back to prepping for tomorrow.

Excuse me....but so much to do!!!