Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Christmas Lights

actually i just found the lights I was looking for all last year, they are multi coloured mini lights with a white cord which I couldnt find for the life of me!!!! But I was out early this year looking and it was a success, the only thing is I wanted the newer version, the energy saving ones but I couldn't find them, so I snatched these up before I got stuck using lights with a green cord on a white tree!

:santa: Christmas lights and star

Hei Guys,

Try this. I am sure you can find some small multicolor miniature lights. What i did is last time is really funny. ie, Arrange a pure white paper star, then stick these lights inside the star. Trust its superb, in the night view.

Thanks Mithun.

Welcome to the boards, Mithun!

canivito2000 Guest
    I actually bought the C9 Warm White (as apposed to the Cool White, aka blue white) LEDs a few days ago. I put them on the house for one day before I decided they weren't what I was looking for. They weren't very bright & they had an inconsistency in the color. Some were more yellow in tint. Anyway, I took them down and returned them to Walmart. I searched all over town for the standard C9 bulb type lights and finally found them at Hobby Lobby. Gonna put them on the house tonight!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I have some incandescant and some LEDs. I have different things all over various places outside my house. I keep adding every year, and I'm certainly not going to throw away any lights that still work!! I can always find a place to put them!!

jeremy m Guest
    i got both LED and old kind but the lights i only USE is LED,old kinds are just for a collectable reason(not for use even it still works)

I use... I'm not sure the kind.100ct mini lights? I think so.Then we have some of the multi-faceted ones out on the railing.

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown

"mini" is a reference to the size of the bulb. There are LED and incandescent minis. However, I usually see LED minis in packs of 70. Also, you'd know by how much they cost. A 100 ct incan would be only a couple bucks, whereas LEDs would be about $12-$15.

blackdove Guest
    I like the tiny LED lights that emit the bluish glow. I don't like the twinkling type though.

I use some that twinkle, and some that don't. I like to mix it up around my display.