Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Lights

Do you think it's ok to mix Led's and traditional lights outside the house?

Sure... why not?

Quote Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
    Sure... why not?
    Cool, I wasn't sure.

I use all clear lights and my decoration theme is mostly gold. I love decorating, is it time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Do you think it's ok to mix Led's and traditional lights outside the house?
    If you do, will you let me know if and what the difference is between the LED colors and the traditional lights? When I see them lit in the stores the colors seem to be on the cool side...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    I use all clear lights and my decoration theme is mostly gold. I love decorating, is it time yet?
    Practically!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MelindaB View Post
    We switch up the light color outdoor every year. We go from all white, to all blue, to multi colors. When we do the all-blue, our house stands out from everyone else's, and my brother tells us we are decorating as if for Hanukkah.
    All blue sounds lovely, too.

:santa:

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    If you do, will you let me know if and what the difference is between the LED colors and the traditional lights? When I see them lit in the stores the colors seem to be on the cool side...

There is a difference between the lights. The led's are not as bright. I'll see how it looks this year.

With LED lights they are even different colors from brand to brand so if you use white you are better off buying the same brand every time.

Everything

We use all types of lights, C7's, C5's and minis. I like the mini's the best because they take less electricity and the "old" biggies get really hot and I don't want to burn something down. I am looking forward to being able to afford the LED's as soon as they get down to a reasonable price. The long and short of it is for me, I like them all. We go all out and have over 50,000 lights, over 23 trees from 7 foot to 1 foot. We decorate the front of a long building that is about 365 feet in the front and we have decorated two floors of the building, one as a traditional Christmas and one as a Winter Wonderland and we are working on making the third floor into a Santa's Workshop. We have considered inviting people in but still haven't done it. Just enjoy the inside stuff for ourselves and get lots of drive by's.

As soon as I learn to post picture I will put some up. I have a WEB site but I am new to this forum and not able to post it yet or ??? . Anyway we use 'em all, sizes that is.